Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Forestry Shepherds Cache Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

After discussions with Lactodorum, the Coed y Myndd forestry district, of Comisiwn Coedwigaeth Cymru (Forestry Commission Wales) gave permission for Geocaches to be placed on land managed by them, subject to certain conditions. Part of their remit is to actively promote suitable recreational activities in their area. To this aim they have decided to place two temporary caches out, to introduce Geocaching to a wider range of visitors to the forests. These caches will be linked to a Tent Show being held in Betws y Coed, by Cotswold Outdoors on May the 29th, 30th, 31st.

To help with this the staff of the Gwydr Uchaf office who are organising these caches, are looking for members of the Geocaching community to attend the show and discus Geocaching to the visitors to the show, and who are also prepared to shepherd them to the two introduction caches. Forestry Shepherds has been created to allow any member of the Geocaching community who attends to claim a find.

To incurage cachers to visit the show, two cachers who put in caches for approval in the area, have been asked to hold off activating their caches until the 29th of May have agreed. Both of them have both mine and the Forestry Commissions "Thanks" for agreeing to this!

Deppendant on how this event go's, the Coed y Myndd district might be interested in holding another Geocaching Event later on in the year, if it takes place it is my hope to get Area Managers and Recreation Rangers from other FC areas to attend. Opening up other Forestry Commission Areas to Geocaching.
    Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Well done, Dave!
    I have every intention of being there for at least one day but will have to confirm nearer the time.
    Enjoy your caching!

Excellent news, well done

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend