Hi,

I heard about geocaching from my gym who suggested it as a good form of exercise between gym visits, so I registered with geocaching.com and was amazed how many caches there were local to me. I pushed my son in his pushchair round to the most local one to me - 200m from my house!!! - and whilst I'm sure I had the location correct (on Smartphone and also matched with clue), I just couldn't find the cache. Firstly I didn't know what sort of container I was looking for, and secondly the area was all ivy and bushes and I didn't know how far into a bush I could push myself without getting arrested for weirdness and thirdly then it got dark and I came home. I feel strangely addicted though and I can't wait til its light and I have time to go look again! Is it acceptable to lay on pavement to look under the ivy on the floor?! How well hidden are these things?!

How was your first find? How did you know what to expect/look out for?

I'm in Wokingham, Berkshire and would love to hear from any other local geocachers, it seems like it could be quite a social hobby. Going to drag my son and husband out at the weekend and I'll find the local cache if it kills me (maybe through scratches after being in a bush!!)

All hints and tips welcome, good to be here!!!

LJB12