Thanks Thanks:  6

Thread: GS Forums

Default GS Forums

Just tried to view the awful new GS forums and it won't let me log in. If you click on "I've forgotten my password" it simply takes you to a page where you can change the password.

Thumbs down GC Forum

Its UGLY - You now get confused with the Feedback section ????

I definitely don't like it - Please GC reset the Forum !
    Geocaching = FUN & FRIENDS

I had no problem logging in, but I can't say I like the new look very much. Well, I suppose I'll get used to it...!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I have no problem logging in to my Groundspeak account but I am unable to log into the forums, I am starting to wonder if it is the &

My GC forum login works, Richard it must be your "&".

I think the new layout is clearer and the size works better on my PC. However, it's very different so I agree it will take some getting used to it.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

nice of them to let us know that these things will not work, it will be really great if I have to go to the bother of changing all of my stuff wit the DrDIck&Vick name printed on it.
    1000 calender cards for 2011, my NEW flag, my rubber stamps.
    Must be the & as my son can log in okay under his name
    Last edited by DrDick&Vick; 21st December 2010 at 12:39 PM.

Simply Paul Guest

I had no problems logging in but find the colours and icons used have reduced clarity. It may be a case of just getting used to the new look and understanding what certain icons do and it is nice to have a 'branded' forum, so that element's a step forward for me. I know the quote feature is having some hiccups though...

Quote Originally Posted by DrDick&Vick View Post
    Must be the & as my son can log in okay under his name
    I think you're right - needless to say we can't log in either Hope it's a temporary glitch as we would be VERY reluctant to go through a name change.
    Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles?

Yeah maybe your right - just need time to adjust my eyes :wacko:
    Geocaching = FUN & FRIENDS

Glad I decided to go for the 'and' rather than '&' in my name!

Could be your password, if you have non letter/number characters in...
    (Has been a problem previously)
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Haven't had any problems with the new style so far and it seems faster too.

As I posted elsewhere,

"I have a feeling this could be an example of "facebook syndrome" - Everytime anything gets changed on fb there's some wailing and weeping and The End Of (facebook) Life As We Know It. A couple of weeks later everyone's used to it, glitches have been sorted and nobody remembers what it used to look like anyway. Then all is OK... until the next change around..."

I'm sure it will be great - if only we could log in and experience it! We don't subscribe to "Facebook syndrome" (or Facebook for that matter ) but it is a bit frustrating when we could log in yesterday, but today we can't. Hopefully it'll get sorted without a name change!

I think you may have the same problem as us, the & symbol.

It works - its all various shades of grey to us colour blind peeps = can only hope it works properly when the gliches are sorted - It's another site that I only quickly scan through before returning here - to much information - too many sites= disappearing under the avalanche of computer generated stuff ! Takes me half an hour just to quickly scan through even before reading
    Si vis pacem para bellum

The ampersand (&) could well be the cause of the login problems. We had issues with it when we switched to the new (current) forum software - I seem to remember making manual changes to enable users with ampersands in their user names to keep those names. Hopefully GC will do the same if necessary.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

If the problem is ampersand-related (sounds almost medical!) it would be good to post a topic about it, either in the UserVoice Feedback forum here

Feedback Forum

or (maybe) in keehotee's topic in the main Groundspeak Forum Geocaching Topics section

Forum Makeover

In theory, the first option is where the lackeys monitor comments but hopefully someone will also be looking at the other topic too. I hope all the "&" cachers get sorted out soon. If you want me to post on your behalf over in the Geocaching Topics forum just let me know!
    Last edited by Mrs Blorenge; 21st December 2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    If the problem is ampersand-related (sounds almost medical!) it would be good to post a topic about it, either in the UserVoice Feedback forum here

Feedback Forum

or (maybe) in keehotee's topic in the main Groundspeak Forum Geocaching Topics section

Forum Makeover

In theory, the first option is where the lackeys monitor comments but hopefully someone will also be looking at the other topic too. I hope all the "&" cachers get sorted out soon. If you want me to post on your behalf over in the Geocaching Topics forum just let me know!
    Thanks for that - someone has already started a topic about it in the feedback forum (which I've just replied to), but I can't log in to the "Forum Makeover" (cos of our ampersand) - would be really grateful if you will post on our behalf.

Thanks again

The topic is here BTW!!!

I got logged in ok. I don't mind the aesthetics either way, but it's irritating that so fewer threads are visible at first glance, and the Greasemonkey favourites thing has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    The ampersand (&) could well be the cause of the login problems. We had issues with it when we switched to the new (current) forum software - I seem to remember making manual changes to enable users with ampersands in their user names to keep those names. Hopefully GC will do the same if necessary.
    Lets hope that GC do sort out the problem, like DRDick&Vic I cant log in either and I dont want to change my login either. Cant say I like the look of the new forum but im sure we will have to get used to it.

I've made you all into "a cause".

Posted on the groundspeak topic about the ampersand problem...

"I post on behalf of 3 UK caching Ampersanders who have sadly found themselves disenfranchised from these forums since the update:

BigLad & Co
    DrDick&Vick
    shantz_uk_&_cleverclogs

All are unable to log in under their account names.

If you know others who suffer from this affliction please copy and paste this post on their behalf to make Groundspeak aware of their plight. Only one in a hundred of forum posters will post here. Will you?

(With apologies to facebook)"

MrsB

Some other "Ampersanders" have now posted in that thread to say that although they were unable to log into the GC forum this morning they can now do so...

It might be worth having another go?

Yup all working for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Palujia View Post
    It works - its all various shades of grey to us colour blind peeps
    It's all in shades of grey to this non-colour blind peep as well ...........

Some other "Ampersanders" have now posted in that thread to say that although they were unable to log into the GC forum this morning they can now do so...

It might be worth having another go?
    All sorted - thanks!

I've made you all into "a cause".

Posted on the groundspeak topic about the ampersand problem...

"I post on behalf of 3 UK caching Ampersanders who have sadly found themselves disenfranchised from these forums since the update:

BigLad & Co
    DrDick&Vick
    shantz_uk_&_cleverclogs

All are unable to log in under their account names.

If you know others who suffer from this affliction please copy and paste this post on their behalf to make Groundspeak aware of their plight. Only one in a hundred of forum posters will post here. Will you?

(With apologies to facebook)"

MrsB

Its all sorted for me now, I have just tried to log in and it works.

Thanks to Mrs B for your help