Started Geocaching 3 weeks ago, and am thoroughly enjoying the excuse to get out of the house!

Have a background that included orienteering many, many years ago, where I was aware of letter boxing, though I never got involved. For some time now I have also been aware of Geocaching, but only decided to look in to it in more detail a few weeks ago.

Using a really old, steam powered, Garmin GPS12XL I went looking for my first cache (GCJB48), which I was really pleased to find, but also enjoyed all the history behind where the cache was hidden, and the tragedy that had happened there so many years ago.

I think it only took a week or so before I decided to upgrade the GPS to something that doesn't look out of place in the 21st century, and I think I have seen more of Kent, especially parts that I didn't know existed, in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 3 years.

It's already got to the point where when we are planning visits to friends etc., I'm looking to see what caches are nearby that might be worth investigating. Even managed to include a couple of caches during a recent shopping trip to Bluewater.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, so just like to say a big hello to you all, and how glad I am to be part of this family.