Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Geocaching.com - latest update (1st Feb 2011)

Default Geocaching.com - latest update (1st Feb 2011)

A link to the full list of the latest changes on Geocaching.com, but here is a summary (some may only be available to premium members)

Favourites - now show % as well as a number (of PM finds)

Maps (beta) - now includes topo mapping and options to display or remove your cache finds and filter by cache type.

More Stats - Additional tabs have been added (within statistics) that show maps and milestones.
    You can choose how much/little is displayed by going to 'Your Account Details' page.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
    A

Maps (beta) - now includes topo mapping and options to display or remove your cache finds and filter by cache type.
    While it's really nice to see the return of the OSM, the premium features such as hiding finds and filtering don't actually work yet. Clicking the different buttons seems to make no difference to what is actually displayed.

I was disappointed that it's another wasted upgrade. I fully realise that the new map is BETA, but most Alphas have better basic functionality than has been rolled out here.

Yes, I am frustrated. I want these things to work. They look fabulous and will be great when they do work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornell Finch View Post
    While it's really nice to see the return of the OSM, the premium features such as hiding finds and filtering don't actually work yet. Clicking the different buttons seems to make no difference to what is actually displayed.

I was disappointed that it's another wasted upgrade. I fully realise that the new map is BETA, but most Alphas have better basic functionality than has been rolled out here.

Yes, I am frustrated. I want these things to work. They look fabulous and will be great when they do work.
    They worked fine for me when I tested them (before posting) and again now.

To hide your finds - you need to tick the 'Enable Personalization' then click on the smiley face or star to hide them. The enable personalization option only appears at a certain zoom level.

To use the Filters - click on the relevant colour type or individual cache icon that you wish to hide.
    GAGB member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Cornell Finch View Post
    the premium features such as hiding finds and filtering don't actually work yet. Clicking the different buttons seems to make no difference to what is actually displayed.
    I had exactly the same when I first tried on Tuesday evening, but when I tried again later they were working just as expected, and were still working for me last night.

What's in the Statistics? All I can see is "Geocaching statistics are not available at this time.".

In addition to what was there last week there's a Milestones tab which shows your 100th, 200th, etc caches; theres also a Map tab which shows maps of the countries you've cached in, and states of the USA & Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Humphrey View Post
    What's in the Statistics? All I can see is "Geocaching statistics are not available at this time.".
    I can see them on your profile - maybe there was a gc.com problem when you looked.
    GAGB member since 2005

They worked fine for me when I tested them (before posting) and again now.

To hide your finds - you need to tick the 'Enable Personalization' then click on the smiley face or star to hide them. The enable personalization option only appears at a certain zoom level.

To use the Filters - click on the relevant colour type or individual cache icon that you wish to hide.
    Yup, exactly what I did. My finds were not marked as such and wouldn't hide. The filters made no difference to the display either.

It seems I was having issues with a few websites last night so will try again tonight.

I can see them on your profile - maybe there was a gc.com problem when you looked.
    Thanks - they do seem to be there now.

Milestones on mine seem to count up 1,5,10,25,50,75,100 and then every 100 up to 1000 and then STOP, nothing more so I presume the next figure will be 2000.
    Will stick to using an external STATS package methinks.