Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a 3 year mileage challenge?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would be interested

9 56.25%
  • No thanks

7 43.75%

Thread: Caching Mileage 2012 - 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Caching Mileage 2012 - 2015

I am just beginning to formulate an idea for a 3 year mileage challenge, similar to this years but with some twists.
    Nothing really sorted yet, I am having some discussions with Fermentum about how to develop the idea.

The reason that I am mentioning it so early this year is that I want to guage whether people would be interested and, if they are, to give them advanced warning to find a coin with a special meaning to them to use.

For instance, if we go ahead I will be using a Jeep geocoin as I drive Jeeps.

Once ideas have developed I will post more on the subject.

Fantasyraider Guest

For instance, if we go ahead I will be using a Jeep geocoin as I drive Jeeps.
    oh this has upset me too much ... I'm choked!

At least I can drink now.:cheers:

SORRY: any news? Hope it isn't a write off.

I think that the mileage that some people are able to clock up, as seen on the excellent graphs for this year so far, don't give others very much hope. If you do not have a job that involves travelling around and only have weekends to do so, then you will never be able to 'keep up'. Not that it really matters, as it's only for fun. Just my two pennies worth
    Chrissy
    Lang may yer lum reek. :cheers:

I don't see why you can't have a perpetual challenge.

It is easy to find out the mileage for the previous 12 months, or since the 1st January, so no need to use new coins, and new coins & users can always be added at anytime.
    Paved Roads: Another fine example of unnecessary Government spending!

We can, however some people, me included, want to start afresh with a coin with some personal meaning to them.