Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The 2011 Trackable Race For the Heck Of It!

Default The 2011 Trackable Race For the Heck Of It!

Hello all,

Just something I thought may interest you a little. EyeD10T is starting a trackable race based on points. I asked him if he would like me to post here about it and he said that would be great, so that is what I am doing!

I know I maybe a bit late bringing this to light as he would like all participants to show they would like to enter by 20th February. And also it may put some people off because it is based in America. I am going to give it a go, and then attempt after the year race to get both our trackables over to England.

For more information see his blog:
    http://wherethecacheis.blogspot.com/p/2011-trfthoi.html

First time for me for a trackable! Let me know what you think.

Fermi

Visit my Blog and feel free to become a follower!
    http://fermentumsgeoblog.blogspot.com/

I love trackable races, but I'm not entering any more trackable races where you have to post your TB to the starting cache, as I've already had one go missing in the mail by doing that;

https://www.geocaching.com/track/det...spx?id=2986830

I wonder where Rocking All Over The World is now?

Hey, what do you know; Rocking All Over The World turned up yesterday, after being lost in the mail for more than 2 months!:wacko:

Excellent news.

I have an item that has been in the UK mail system for 1 month and 1 day now ... maybe that will turn up as well now.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

I had a note through the door, tried to deliver a parcel, went to collection office two days later to pick it up. No sign, come back tomorrow I was told. Went back no sign. Oh it could be in the postmans car! Went back next day, no sign, getting frustrated, then told it may have gone back to the hub. The hub turned out to be in Belfast. The parcel was coming from Hampshire. It may take three weeks I was told to get back. Then an email from the person I bought it off. It has been returned to me, they wanted to know why. They posted it out to me again, including the original envelope. This had a PO sticker on, saying that I hadn't been to collect the parcel within three weeks, therefore it has been returned to sender.

Trying to make a formal complaint isn't easy either. Even with recorded delivery when I post geocoins out I get quite a lot of customers coming back to me to tell me that the coin has arrived but had just been put through the door and they didn't have to sign for it.

Wish there was a cheap alternative to the Royal Mail, cos they are certainly failing in providing a good service.

Rant over, sorry.