Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GAGB.org?

Simply Paul Guest

Question GAGB.org?

What's the story behind GAGB.org? Have I missed something? Sorry if this is old news. Not GAGB.org.uk, just GAGB.org...

I tried to log in with my normal password and that didn't work. Sorry had to just out of curiosity!

Visit my Blog and feel free to become a follower!
    http://fermentumsgeoblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fermentum View Post
    I tried to log in with my normal password and that didn't work. Sorry had to just out of curiosity!
    Well whoever they are (and I've my suspicions) they now know your username and password so you might want to think about changing it h34r:

You will have already worked out that gagb.org is not owned by GAGB; it was available some time ago (along with many other similar ones) and we decided agaisnt paying for others that we didn't use or need.

We use gagb.org.uk and gagb.org.uk. It's our intention to move towards more use of the latter on the basis that this is more appropriate to a non-commercial UK association.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Appears to be someone called T Day from Swadincote in Derbyshire.

Ve8 Guest

Apologies,

It was included in a bulk redirection setting by accident and will be sorted within 24hrs.

Its pointing to a closed community, any info submitted is not logged although as previously said it's clearly not wise to enter a username / password if you don't have an account on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wombles View Post
    You will have already worked out that gagb.org is not owned by GAGB; it was available some time ago (along with many other similar ones) and we decided agaisnt paying for others that we didn't use or need.

We use gagb.org.uk and gagb.org.uk. It's our intention to move towards more use of the latter on the basis that this is more appropriate to a non-commercial UK association.
    .org.uk is an appropriate domain for now.

It is being de-regulated and allowed to others. At the moment, only those that already have a .org.uk are allowed to renew them and they will soon be offered to those who have a legitimate trade mark such as a well known cola company etc before being open to all and sundry.