Thanks Thanks:  7

Thread: A sobering moment....

RuberyBlue Guest

Default A sobering moment....

Yesterday I had occasion to vist my local hospital, the Queen Elizabeth in Birmingham, for an achilles scan. For those of you that are not aware, the hospital also hosts the 'Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM)' and what an eye opener it was.

We can all become a little sheltered from the ongoing situation in Afghanistan, but to witness the injuries inflicted in person and to see the age of these 'kids' (comparable with my own 18/20 year old sons) was a sobering moment.

We all have our challenges in life but I felt it appropriate to say how proud I was of these guys and girls that have chosen to serve their country and to offer those who continue in active service my thoughts and support.

Thank you!

RB

I was in the Army for 9 years, the only charity I support is BLESMA.

There appears to be far to many people who just do not appreciate what these brave people give up to serve their Queen and Country.

A really good charity to support is Support Our Soldiers (SOS), they work tirelessly to send a Christmas parcel to soldier, one of the Surrey volunteers ensured that everybody at Headley Court recieved a Christmas parcel for Christmas day 2010.