Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Photoshoot for Saga Magazine

Default Photoshoot for Saga Magazine

I've been asked to write a piece about geocaching for Saga Magazine. They're looking for cachers who are 50 plus who'd be willing to be photographed out in the wild.

Although we mostly probably cache in ones and twos, they're looking for a whole group. The plan, if the weather isn't too bad, is to do it on Saturday 2nd April in late morning/early afternoon.

They want to do it somewhere with a great view. As I live in South West London I wondered if Box Hill, where the dwarf series sounds interesting, might be a good spot, though I remember - even when younger - that the hill is more than just a gentle incline.

Does anyone have a better idea in the area, or perhaps down the A3 not far outside the M25? The most perfect spot would be somewhere with parking nearby, a great vista and rather less of the "hill" about it.

I'd welcome ideas for location, but also an indication whether anybody who is 50-plus would like to come along. At the very least, it would be a good chance to meet a few others.

We would be able to meet up for a photo shoot.

I just turned 50 on 3 march, I could get a semi pro photographer to do me if you wish.

SAGA,
    Send A Granny Abroad.

Default Photoshoot

Thanks for the offer, Boltonian. They want to use their photographer, though, I'm afraid, so it needs to be an "outing" to Box Hill. Look forward to meeting DrDick&Vick.

Details have firmed up. It will be Saturday 2nd April, meeting at 11am in the Burford Bridge Car Park. This is by the A24 north of Dorking.

While Saga would obviously love there to be some cachers who are over 50, anyone is welcome to join us. It would be great if it wasn't exclusively male, too.

Do send me a message if you'd like to come and we can swap details.

Smile

Sorry, due to having had bowel cancer, I cannot travel that far.
    I need to be near facilities at all times.

Default Photoshoot

Of course. I quite understand. Thanks for even thinking of it. Happy caching.

Met up with Simon (oofy) and a few other cachers this lunchtime and I can assure you all that, by virtue of the t-shirt I was wearing, the GAGB will get some advertising in the article. Well I flipping hope so as he took lots of pics.

how did the photo shoot go
    i'm over50 lol