Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Posting in Technical Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Posting in Technical Advice

I posted in 'Technical Advice' yesterday (I think !) and it was flagged up as needing to be approved by a moderator. I've no problem with that at all but does that apply to all forums or just specific ones and how long does it usually take before posts are approved ?

PS
    I've seen that people have been 'Thanked' for their assistance - how is this done ?

PPS
    Are there any 'House Rules' here - I've seen the FAQ's but they seem to be generic rather than specific to GAGB

Cheers

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 27th March 2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Forgot summat !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Bob, we suffered from spammers for a period so now members have to be established before they can post links (I'd rather not specify the criteria here for obvious reasons but happy to do so via mail/PMs). However, new members can post without links.

Posts are usually approved by the next moderator (committee member) along but they may all be out caching.....

You can thank people for a useful / informative post by clicking the "thanks" button in the bottom right of the relevant box containing the box.

The house rules are the usual ones:
    search for answers before posting questions
    politeness to other people

However, we are pretty relaxed about most posts and try to adopt a low-profile moderation policy.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

3. Default

:socool:

I like forums with a light touch !

Can't understand how I missed the 'Thanks' button - I did look for it honest :wacko:

I reckon I'm going to like it here

Life is too important to take seriously !

Bob! Is this the same Predictable Bob who mended my caravan's gas fire in 2004?

If so, it's a small world. Or a small GB, at any rate.
    GAGB Member since 2009
    UK Mega West Mids Committee - Treasurer 2011 - 2013
    GAGB Committee - Treasurer 2016 -