Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hello from Devon

Default Hello from Devon

Hello everyone, recently came across geocaching a couple of months ago but dismissed it at first thinking it wouldn't be that interesting and would just involve lots of walking in woods lol. Obviously thats not really the case and have become hooked even though we have only done a few caches so far.

Its great to get out and my 2 year old loves the treasure hunt, amazed at how far he has walked so far in the search for more treasure and keeps asking when we are going again lol. I am also amazed to see some areas that are right on my doorstep but have either taken for granted or didn't even know existed so has been great.

Hello from North Devon!!

Smile

Welcome pitkin2020 Yes it's quite easy to get hooked on Geocaching as it's such a family friendly sport. Much like yourself I just tried it out by finding a few caches just to see if I could get into this. Oops... Got Hooked .

If you have any questions about geocaching these forums are the place to ask as we are always ready to help if we can.

All the best & Happy Geocaching.

Tek_Kaz.
    Geocaching - a great way to lose yourself in a hobby. :lol:

RuberyBlue Guest

Welcome pitkin 2020,

Keep enjoying yourselves, its what its all about - whats wring with woods

RB

Quote Originally Posted by RuberyBlue View Post

whats wring with woods
    There a bit Sticky! :lol: Sorry couldn't help myself!

Welcome Pitkin, hope you enjoy Caching as much as I have. In fact I am just about to go out caching now! After about 20 today. Someone mentioned a wedding or something but I think my invite got lost in the post.

Any questions then this is the place to ask (like its already been said by Tek Kaz). Super friendly bunch are the GAGB lot!

Happy Caching!

Fermi

Visit my Blog and feel free to become a follower!
    http://fermentumsgeoblog.blogspot.com/

Hiya Pitkin, welcome to the hobby/addiction/obsession #
    Walking in woods!! Try the Holsworth/ Woods series, the Northcombe Woods series and the Witherdon Woods series all set by Vodor and Scorsby. Truly excellant walks and each series has it's own twist.

Cheers for the welcome guys. Definitely getting hooked, just waiting for my GPS to arrive so I can get out and get some more now lol.

Hi Pitkin 2020
    Greetings from East Devon!!!
    moortrekka is hosting an event in Thorverton (nr. Bickleigh) on Saturday 18-06-2011.
    You'd be made very welcome!
    Phil