Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: English Heritage

Bendos Guest

Default English Heritage

Quick question but I don't see English Heritage in allowed or refused on the permissions list. Does anyone have any info on them? There are footpaths along dykes etc. that are owned by them that are being used by man and beast!

I understand that some caches have been approved by local Wardens although I don't know which - if anyone does then it would be useful to post cache details here.

I'm not aware of anyone having requested generic permission from English Heritage so therefore they aren't on our list, either permitted or denied.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Replying to an old thread I know, but seemed fitting.

I have just obtained permission from English Heritage to place a cache not far from a SAM in Cirencester, Gloucestershire. I can't give the cache details yet as I haven't completed it yet (wanted to get permission before wasting my time), but will once it's completed and published.

I contacted the South West regional office and Natalie Carr a Business Officer officer promptly replied to me. She then consulted with one of the Gloucestershire Inspectors, Mel Barge, who confirmed there would be no issues with my placement.

They were very helpful, and even though we had a Bank Holiday recently it still only took a few days to get a final answer.

As a side note on the main EH site they have a Geocaching case study page. I don't know how old the page is, but they are certainly very aware of geocaching now. Page can be seen HERE.

Interestingly one of their Case Studies is about setting your own geocache.

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/...-ict/activity/

Can anyone find any reference to asking permission?

And I hate to think how soon it would be before that blue sign became detached from that wall!!

It's a fare point about the blue sign.

I would be happy to mail them to ask them about editing the article to add a line about asking for permission, if no one else has done so already?

The cache I asked English Heritage for permission to place has been published and found, it is this one.. You shall not go to the ball.