Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Trackables Collection

Default Trackables Collection

I have always wondered what this Trackables Collection section is on my Profile.

Am I right in assuming that if I don't want to have a Trackable in cirulation I can put it in my collection?

I have the four Earthcache coins and would like to put them somewhere so people can see I have them.

Also do you have anything in your collection?

Visit my Blog and feel free to become a follower!
    http://fermentumsgeoblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fermentum View Post
    Am I right in assuming that if I don't want to have a Trackable in cirulation I can put it in my collection?
    I think that's right, and by putting them in the collection they don't keep appearing in the list to be dropped off every time you log a cache.

I've got a few coins in my collection that I don't intend to release, but I don't know whether we can brows other peoples collections or not.

Can a TB/GC in a collection visit a cache or event?

Currently, my Jeep TB's are held by another account of mine, just so they can visit events and caches, and not be listed in my inventory when posting logs.
    Paved Roads: Another fine example of unnecessary Government spending!

You would have to move them in and out of the collection to 'visit' caches

I've just been responding to similar questions about Trackable Collections over in the Geocoin Discussion forum.

To save me droning on about it all again, the questions and replies can be followed in this topic:

Geocoin help, please

(I still think that the term "Collectible" is open to misinterpretation by many cachers. If you're also a bit confused by it please read, cogitate, comment and maybe vote here:
    Wording Clarification needed. )

Thanks MrsB and to everyone else.

MrsB, do you really have 155 coins and trackables in circulation? Thats brilliant!

Visit my Blog and feel free to become a follower!
    http://fermentumsgeoblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fermentum View Post
    Thanks MrsB and to everyone else.

MrsB, do you really have 155 coins and trackables in circulation? Thats brilliant!
    Yes

BUT

If you click on any of the trackables on our "owned" list and you see that the name starts with a Z (like Z Taxi to Belgium) it means that it's missing in action.

Just had a look... 50 of them are designated with a Z.

I wait about a year after I've marked them missing then I re-create them in some way and they get a new life.

Of the active geocoins, about 12 are in our Collection in a box. The rest of the stuff is out roaming in the wild.
    Last edited by Mrs Blorenge; 13th May 2011 at 08:55 AM.