Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Calling cards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Calling cards

What is everyones opinion on calling cards left in chaches?

I'm going to revert to my natural grumpy self for a short time then put the mask back on .........

Stupid things!!! Clogging up a cache container so there is no room for swaps which my kids love, I just spend time going no leave that in there, no not that one etc.etc.

Then can I get the bl**dy thing closed in a nice water tight fashion afterwards......grrrrrrr.

Recently had one where I had to spend 10 mins re-organising it to get it all to fit back in the chache

.........and breath :wacko:

I do love it though

Calling cards are ok if they are waterproof and the cache owner does regular visits and removes them.
    I hate them when they are a soggy mess and are just left there because the owner will only visit if and when any work is needed. I normally visit all of mine at least twice a year unless work is needed.
    Hate the little sticky ones that are stuck in micros as they simply make it harder to roll and replace the logsheet.

Our own cards are actually more than calling cards as they have calenders on the reverse and are there for other cachers to take and put in their wallet/caching bag to use when they want to check a date.

Buntings24 Guest

to be honest they drive me mad ! i went to check on one of my caches once and there was so many calling cards nothing else would fit it hmy: id rather have the log book stamped .

Well, here's a confession. If there are a few in a cache and no room for swapsies, we take them out and replace them with a couple of swapsies, one for the kids and one for the adults, space allowing. And if they are soggy, we take them out. They seem to be the height of laziness, nearly as bad as saying "I didn't sign the log to save time".
    Lang may yer lum reek. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by zarbi&zarbibird View Post
    Well, here's a confession. If there are a few in a cache and no room for swapsies, we take them out and replace them with a couple of swapsies, one for the kids and one for the adults, space allowing. And if they are soggy, we take them out. They seem to be the height of laziness, nearly as bad as saying "I didn't sign the log to save time".
    That will make things a bit awkward if the cache owner verifies visits against on-line logs!

Cannot see the point! Apart from if a log (book) is saturated to a soggy mush. Think the funds would be much better spent on a personal stamp. UKGeocachers* do a nice line in these - that way you get to leave a unique momento of your visit without ''littering out'' the container to the point that a CITO is needed before it can be logged again!!
    * Other brands & manufacturers of geocaching personal stamps are available (but not as nice - or cheap!!)