Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Not signing Log

Default Not signing Log

I have read a lot of logs lately that say "Didn't sign Log" for various reasons. That can't be right, that you can claim to of found a cache but not signed the log. Surely you have to sign the log as PROOF that you have visited the cache. Otherwise I can write a "Didn't sign log " for every cache in the UK from the warmth of my home. If you didn't sign the log then you haven't been there as far as I can see. One geocacher has written forgot pen about eight times. He probably has been to the caches but it still doesn't make it right. I am not saying that people are not visiting the caches, if they aren't they are only fooling themselves. I am just saying that you shouldn't log your visit as found on geocaching.com if you haven't signed the log.

What do you think about this?

Got to go get ready for my 4 day trip to the Offa's Dyke and a couple of extreme caches ( well they are for me )

Quote Originally Posted by wildbrownies View Post
    Got to go get ready for my 4 day trip to the Offa's Dyke and a couple of extreme caches ( well they are for me )
    Don't forget your pen

Ve8 Guest

Signing the log is proof that you have found a physical cache - in fact its perfectly acceptable for a CO to delete the online "Found It" log if the finder has not signed the log book / sheet. That said who really bothers checking the log book against the finds listed online.

If you can't find a pen there are other ways to make your mark, for example I've even seen logs signed with the use of a stick and some mud.

I am not saying that people are not visiting the caches, if they aren't they are only fooling themselves
    Entirely agree... going in the opposite direction there a just over 200 caches that I have never logged online mainly due to that fact I had nothing good to say about them, however I have signed all the physical logs and have included the finds in my offline stats.