Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hi from Cornwall!

Default Hi from Cornwall!

Hi all

Nice to find this forum.

I'm based in mid Cornwall & found out about Geocaching from another forum of which I'm a member. Decided to give it a go & been out a few times now with my 4 yr old daughter, who thinks its great fun looking for secret treasure in the bushes.

1st time we went out I got her to cycle twice as far up our local trail as she's ever been before (& back again) & she wasn't the least bit dissapointed that the cache only had a log book & pencil in it - she just thought how amazing to find a little box hidden under a pile of stones.
    We've since swaped loot on several occasions, sent one travel bug on its way & have another we need to move on tomorrow.

We've only done a few so far, but we're having fun & I think we'll be around for a while.

If theres any cachers local to us, especially who also have little ones, it'd be lovely to hear from you.

Ruth (rufus 430)

Welcome to the GAGB and to the wonderful world of the hobby/obsession/addiction/game#
    I am sure that you and your daughter will find a lot of enjoyment hunting in Cornwall.
    We are back down there in 2 weeks time and have organised an event Picnic on The Head and it would be nice to see you there.

#delete as appropriate.

Ooh, I wondered if there was anything we could get along to where we might meet some other cachers - had a quick look - I may even be able to prise the other half away from his computer for long enough to come along
    Hopefully see you in August then