Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: GAGB Cache Awards

Default GAGB Cache Awards

GAGB ‘Cache Awards’

As mentioned in Seeker, we would like to announce the GAGB Awards for great caches.

The aim of the Awards is to not only promote great caches but also responsible cache ownership.

As this may be the cache page, the location or the actual cache container itself, we have decided to initially group them into three categories and hope that various aspects of the cache are considered when you nominate.

* Great Walk

* Great History

* Great View

One cache per category per month, will be awarded (awards don’t have to all be used each month) and the winning caches will be added to the GAGB website, to the GAGB ‘Great Cache’ bookmark and receive an html award badge for the cache page.

However, to make this successful, we need nominations!

Each month we will be asking you to add your nominations to the forum for a cache that you have recently found in the previous 2 months. At the end of that period a cache will be awarded (based on a list of criteria) the monthly title in each category.

The key points that we are trying to promote are:

- Why should people choose that cache to visit (and not just to get another number).

- Location (view, history, something interesting to see or just a great walk)

- Cache container and log book (a pleasure to find).

- Cache page (informative)

- Owner maintenance (evidence of) (cache page and cache)

- Permission gained

Hot News

Default Cache Awards

I would like to nominate a fantastic walk and some fantastic caches along this walk for an award. How do I go about it? Is it here?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo frett View Post
    I would like to nominate a fantastic walk and some fantastic caches along this walk for an award. How do I go about it? Is it here?
    That is great - there will be a new thread posted shortly where you can nominate.

Nominations thread for May and June 2011
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 25th June 2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added link
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)