Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: Nottingham to Nottingham Race

Default Nottingham to Nottingham Race

If anyone is interested in joining in with the race you will need to get a TB/GC to me in the next few weeks. PM me for an address. More details can be found here www.usuktbrace.blogspot.com

Thanks.

I'll enter the race with... something... or other...

I don't have a suitable something or other to hand at the moment but I'll get one by September...

Brill, thanks Mrs. B, the more the merrier.

Smile

I'll take part and a 'racin' Chicken will be on its way to you soon

What is the address we need to send the TB's to ?
    Geocaching - a great way to lose yourself in a hobby. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Tek_Kaz View Post
    I'll take part and a 'racin' Chicken will be on its way to you soon

What is the address we need to send the TB's to ?
    Brill, PM sent with the address details.

One hamster and tag, ready to roll...

NottINGham DIRECT hamster

Superb, that takes the entries to 11 with you Mrs B. There are also two more promised + one from me and also Wemnogs. There are quite a few entries promised to enter over in the US as well. The launch cache, a new TB hotel in Nottingham has been reviewed and will go live on race night. All the latest news is on the blog www.usuktbrace.blogspot.com

I'll get something together by the weekend and send it to you. Is it your normal address?

Hiya Richard,

Yep, normal address. Getting some entries in now.

Cheers.:cheers:

Drdick&vick's race entry arrived today, making it the 12th entry in to the race. Any more entrants?

52 days to go.

Oh I have an entry for you, can you pm me your address thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedagog View Post
    Oh I have an entry for you, can you pm me your address thank you.

Hi, I have PM'd you.

Thank you, I will be in touch.

I want to attach a laminated card to my TB before I send it to you - with the GC number of the 'finishing line' cache in USA... but I can't find it anywhere.
    I'm probably being a bit blind, could you tell me what it is or point me where to look, please?

Hiya starting cache is GC2ZKP2 and target cache is GC30NG7

Cheers.

Just padding out details on my hamster's TB page...

I haven't seen any rules/guidelines set down in stone yet - Can I assume it's a straightforward dash to the finish line?

"Visits" to caches OK?

Posting TBs across the Atlantic not OK?
    (The question comes up regularly on the forums so I just want to be sure what's acceptable/not acceptable in terms of this race.)

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The rules can be found by typing the word Rules in the search box at the top of the blog.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Alternatively they are copied and pasted below.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Rules

Nottingham To Nottingham TB/GC Race

The date is set:~ September 10th, 2011

Caches will be placed by Jacaru and Balrgn
    2 caches ~ 1 name ~ Nottingham TB Hotel

Aim:~
    ·UK cachers will get their new TB’s/GC's to Jacaru who will grab them off them.
    ·US cachers will get their new TB’s /GC's to Balrgn who will grab them off them.
    ·The two caches will be published on the same day.
    The aim of the race is for the UK TB’s to reach the US cache in New Hampshire and the US TB’s to reach the UK cache. The first TB that reaches the opposing cache will win a prize.
    RULES:
    The two caches can be found by people who have entered the race BUT they may not move their own TB/GC on.
    They can however take one more TB/GC that is in the race and move it on, but within a limit of 10 miles. This means that every TBGC has a fair advantage at the beginning of the race.
    They MUST NOT keep the TB/GC for more than 1 week after picking it up and it must be placed in a cache that has had regular visits.
    If another race entrant is picked up by you somewhere else in the country, you may pick it up, but in the interest of fairness, please adhere to the above rule.
    If your TBGC goes missing you can send the copy tag out, but it must restart from the original cache.
    PRIZES:
    There will be two prizes: one for the UK winner and one for the US winner. This will be a specially made Nottingham to Nottingham Winners geocoin which will be designed once the race is underway.

NOTES
    In the unlikely event that two TB’s arrive in the cache on the same day:~
    If dropped by two separate cachers, the first TB/GC dropped will be the winner
    If dropped by one cacher, the TB/GC that has travelled the furthest amount of miles will win, but a consolation prize will be given to the second bug.
    Anyone who wants to take part from the UK please post your newly activated TB or GC to me ready for a start aimed at being the end of July. If you are in the US please post your TB/GC to Balrgn. Contact us through our GC profiles for our addresses.

[/FONT]

Bug on its way tomorrow.

I will keep an eye open for it arriving and then grab it.

RULES:
    The two caches can be found by people who have entered the race BUT they may not move their own TB/GC on.
    They can however take one more TB/GC that is in the race and move it on, but within a limit of 10 miles. This means that every TBGC has a fair advantage at the beginning of the race.
    They MUST NOT keep the TB/GC for more than 1 week after picking it up and it must be placed in a cache that has had regular visits.
    If another race entrant is picked up by you somewhere else in the country, you may pick it up, but in the interest of fairness, please adhere to the above rule.
    If your TBGC goes missing you can send the copy tag out, but it must restart from the original cache.

OK, so, (not nit-picking, honestly, just clarifying)

"
    If another race entrant is picked up by you somewhere else in the country, you may pick it up, but in the interest of fairness, please adhere to the above rule."
    Does this refer only to the rule about not keeping it more than a week and putting it into a cache that has regular visits? If I find someone else's racer in some other cache around here I assume it would be OK for me to move it more than 10 miles?

"If your TBGC goes missing you can send the copy tag out, but it must restart from the original cache."
    [FONT]You might want to define "missing" more clearly - "Missing" for how long? (The general 'guideline' on the GSP TB forum is that cachers should not send out replacement Copy TB until the item has been missing / no movement for a year.)

:cheers:

[/FONT]

Last edited by Mrs Blorenge; 27th July 2011 at 12:58 PM.

It's okay.

I will leave it up to the individuals to interpret the moving and missing rules. It's only a bit of fun.

22. Default

If it's a race and you find another entrants TB could you move it back to the start ???

Life is too important to take seriously !

The start is Nottingham, it's just as likely to have a visitor from the US visiting the start cache, so it's up to you. The only real stipulation regarding movements is at the beginning of the race, so that each bug has a fair advantage if another entrant picks it up at the beginning.

After that, as long as it is moved quickly it can be moved to another cache wherever that is. The start cache is likely to get a lot of visitors due to where it is being sited, so you are likely to be doing that entrant a favour.
    The race isn't about the amount of miles done, just the first to get to the finish line.

abiherts Guest

Can I sign up for this? Will order a TB/GC on Monday. Can I have your address?

Yep, will PM you my address. Look forward to receiving it. When you activate it make sure that you don't log it anywhere as it must have zero miles. Once it arrives here I will grab it and put it in the hotel.:cheers:

26. Default

I picked up a TB at the Mega so if you could send me your address I'll sort out something appropriate to attach to the TB and send it up to you !

Cheers

Life is too important to take seriously !

PM with address just about to be sent.