Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hello!!!!!

Talking Hello!!!!!

Hi all,

Thought I'd sign up for this and introduce myself. My name is Gaz and I cache with my wife Kirsty under the name of southwestvauxhalls. Why the name? Well, we own 2 Vauxhalls and have lived in the South West most of our lives (I lived in Northern Ireland for 3 years) and currently live near Salisbury. Also I run the South West Vauxhall Owners Club with a friend as southwestvauxhalls DOT co DOT uk is our web address.

Started caching in January this year after seeing a friend posting photo's in a geocaching album on Facebook - curiosity killed the cat!!

Have met lots of lovely people on our caching adventures including Colin & Daphne (WobblyClub), Tony & Monika (TheTwoMotts), Stan (stanthews) and Bill & Mary (The Odyssians) and hope to meet many more. So if you see us about, be sure to say Hi:

Welcome!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Smile

Hiya and welcome to the GAGB forums Gaz and Kirsty. Maybe catch up with you at A Wiltshire Event soon.

Tek_kaz. :lol:
    Geocaching - a great way to lose yourself in a hobby. :lol:

Welcome fellow Moonrakers

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Thanks people.

Tek Kaz, you should look around more, came second in Stan's caching bingo at the last one . Was sat by Colin & Daphne with the 2 dogs.

Wombles, Moonrakers indeed . Will you be at the next Wiltshire Event?? Be nice to meet you.

I'll be there but will just be me on my motorbike as Kirsty is working.

Gaz

Smile

Ha ha - Yes of course, spotted you both sheltering under a tree & doing the bingo on my way to the pub. Silly me - brain like a sieve.

Yes I'll be at A Wiltshire Event #12 all being well and looking forward to meeting you again there :cheers:

All the best.

Tek_kaz. (Karel)
    Geocaching - a great way to lose yourself in a hobby. :lol:

7. Default

It's OK - I recognised you !

But I suspect that you haven't a clue who I am

PS
    We'll be at the next Wilts Meet too

h34r:

Life is too important to take seriously !

Your picture's too small..........

.... That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lol: h34r:

9. Default

I know from personal experience that military service will screw up your knees/back/shoulder/neck etc but surely you're far too young for it to have screwed up your eyes ???

I'll get a clearer picture next weekend :lol:

So far it's screwed up my knee from an exercise that ended with me tearing 2 ligaments. My eyes from spending too much time at a computer, and my ears from loud explosions, gunfire giving me tinitus.

Still, it's not all bad, they're paying for me to go Paragliding for a week tomorrow

11. Default

I did 22 years and picked up numerous injuries during that time BUT the one thing that was and is a real nuisance is my hearing loss (Due to engine noise not loud bangs). They paid out for my injuries when I retired but guess what wasn't covered ...

As they say - if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined !

Welcome - Was a member of the Duke of Ednburgh's Royal Regiment (Berks and Wilts) for 12 years ! and spent my last two (74-76) recruiting in Wiltshire - lovely county and great people - Regiment now long gone - hope to meet you if we can get to a Wilts event in the future
    Si vis pacem para bellum