Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: PQ's into gpx files

Default PQ's into gpx files

Hi all

Another dumb question but.......

Can I run a PQ and then download the lot in one hit as gpx files?

If I select all the caches, click download, then transfer them to my magellen gc it places them in the waypoint folder with no cache info, hints etc.

I like paperless caching so want to keep but don't want to have to transfer each and every cache individually by saving it as a gpx.

As always any comments greatfully received.

:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaggle View Post
    Can I run a PQ and then download the lot in one hit as gpx files?
    Yes, that's the primary function of a PQ, and if your PQ results 500 or fewer caches then it will Email the gpx file to you, if it's more than 500 then you have to go to the PQ page to download it. Also note that usually the .gpx will be zipped up, although you have the option to not zip them

Can't advise on the Magellan though.

Must be me doing something really basically wrong as I've never received an email for any queries.

The email box is ticked populated with my primary email but I don't get anything - I’ll check my filters/junk in the email account and go through the tutorial for PQ's but I'm a bit perplex at the moment.

It could be that you've got a selection of options which result in 0 caches, and then I don't think it sends an Email.

If you click the "Preview Pocket Query" icon does it give you a list of caches? (it's the left most icon on the PQ page and looks like a lightening bolt and a green arrow)

edit to add:
    If the PQ is generating a GPX/ZIP file and the problems with the Email not getting through then you can still download the PQ from the PQ download tab.
    Last edited by martybartfast; 21st July 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Doh!!!

Watch tutorial vid, followed steps - didn't work
    Watch vid another time, followed steps - didn't work
    3rd time plus email filter check - didn't work
    Got the hump!!!
    Got Mrs Gaggle to watch vid she followed the steps - perfect!!!!!

No idea what she did differently - guess its a woman's touch

I'll try and figure it out tomorrow but at least we are sorted for the w/e now.

Thanks for the help anyway

:cheers: