Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: New sat nav - digiwalker needed

Default New sat nav - digiwalker needed

Up until 24 hours ago i always geo cached using Tom Tom to get me their and then using a Mio digiwalker with pocket nav (memory map) and cachemate with spoiler sync integration.

Now assuming the company car insurance pays out the requisite £300 can i replace these with one device , we still use a Etrex yellow for final caches as its waterproof and easy to use.

UK 1:25000 maps, in car navigation and geocaches and spoiler pictures on one device please
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Garmin Montana should do all that but not the pictures - they are not included in a PQ- but you can still transfer them to the GPS separately and view them on screen.

Thread about the Montana in the UK GC Forum..... seems a good unit. Top of the range only about £600....

Chris

If you can live with Beeps instead of voice commands and load 1:25k custom maps when needed, an Oregon might do what you want.

Appears my company does not insure my possesions when in the car so now faced with buying my own sat nav and then working out what paperless caching options are open to me that will also use memory map's pocket nav and link to cachemate cost needs to be about £0 as thats all ive got lying about.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Looks like a browsing session on EBay
    Found this one
    or this one
    or this

Quote Originally Posted by markandlynn View Post
    Appears my company does not insure my possesions when in the car so now faced with buying my own sat nav and then working out what paperless caching options are open to me that will also use memory map's pocket nav and link to cachemate cost needs to be about £0 as thats all ive got lying about.
    If your car insurance doesn't cover this then check your house insurance which may do so. Mine paid out when I lost a 60CSX whilst caching.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Quote Originally Posted by The Wombles View Post
    If your car insurance doesn't cover this then check your house insurance which may do so. Mine paid out when I lost a 60CSX whilst caching.
    Allready cheched excess is £200 plus the additional outside house excess of £100 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by DrDick&Vick View Post
    Looks like a browsing session on EBay
    Found this one
    or this one
    or this
    Cant thank you enough, did not have a clue what kit to search for seems my replacements cost should not be to high

glad I could help.

Found It! Where Next Guest

If you do decide on an Oregan - we got ours at Cotswold at a very good price, it included the maps AND we got 10% discount - just by asking for a better price.

Got 15% in the end but can't remember how - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Found It! Where Next View Post
    If you do decide on an Oregan - we got ours at Cotswold at a very good price, it included the maps AND we got 10% discount - just by asking for a better price.

Got 15% in the end but can't remember how - sorry.
    Find it cheaper elsewhere?
    They match/beat that price...

... then you ask for the 10% on discount card!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas