As some may know, I'm on the management committee of my local park to represent the interests of geocachers. The park currently has four caches (two of mine and two of another cacher's) and one of each of ours is under threat within the next 12 months due to planned regeneration works.

However, there is a silver lining to this cloud as we have the opportunity to create fixed, bespoke caching hidey-holes, possibly with combination locks. However, as these hidey-holes would be created during the regeneration work, it's almost certain that some form of 'pointy implement' (from a JCB down) will have been used during the construction - although the CO would not have been the one to wield said implement. So, what are the panel's views on whether such caches would be permitted?

It would be nice if the COs of the threatened caches could be given first refusal on the above-mentioned hidey-holes. However, it may be several months from the old caches going and the new ones being placed. As I've seen at least one reviewer being quick to archive in a similar circumstance ('Fount' by Benson the Dog, which was in Devonport Park, Plymouth), I wonder whether reviewers would be OK with either the old caches being disabled for the required extended period or else the new caches being unpublished for that period and other caches not being permitted within 0.1 miles of each location?

Geoff