Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Now Back To The Fun Stuff

Default Now Back To The Fun Stuff

After all the stuff going on with the forthcoming election, let's have a bit of light relief.

What's the strangest thing that has ever happened to you whilst you have been out caching? The question comes about because I was listening to a caching podcast today where my mate was being interviewed and he recalled the story of how one cache he found meant that he had to drive home without his pants on.

not really been doing it long enough to have any particularly strange experiences, one of the strange (and unusual) things we've come across was a fairly high stile built into a wall. Other side of the wall is maybe 3 foot high.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty68 View Post
    not really been doing it long enough to have any particularly strange experiences, one of the strange (and unusual) things we've come across was a fairly high stile built into a wall. Other side of the wall is maybe 3 foot high.
    Came across a stile like that down on the edge of Dartmoor this year.

I did have to borrow the dogs' blanket to sit on while I drove home after this cache:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log....2-b044280c06ce

as he was cleaner than I was.

Luckily it's one of my nearest to home so not a long drive in soaking wet muddy all over clothes.

Then there was another very scary one, again one of my nearest to home, when I honestly thought one of my dogs would be killed by a cow:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log....b-be0b6faac007

Both memorable, certainly, and very frightening - these two have rather put me off going it alone when a walk across fields is involved.
    GAGB Member since 2009
    UK Mega West Mids Committee - Treasurer 2011 - 2013
    GAGB Committee - Treasurer 2016 -