Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Peak District National Park Authority

Default Peak District National Park Authority

According to https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/in...post&p=4931369, the National Park Authority refuse cache permission in their owned woodlands. I'm not sure of the extent of these, but it could be worth checking with the contact and confirming;
    a. that he has a proper understanding of what a geocache entails and hasn't made incorrect assumptions; and
    b. that the restriction is confined to woodland only, and which woodlands this is relevant to.

Once that has been established, it sounds like a very useful addition to the Landowner Agreement page (although likely to be a negative one).

Thanks HH, I've requested contact details to follow up.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Has anything happened since this issue arose?

I've followed this up but there is no satisfactory conclusion either way.

The original cacher, meltdiceburg, made the original request for a particular wood and received a reply from the Woodland Conservation Officer that caches were not permitted.

meltdiceburg tried to clarify if this applied to all woods or just this one wood but didn't get a response. He did get permission for a cache in the car park which is managed by someone else.

I tried to contact the Woodland Conservation Officer to discuss and included an explaination of geocaching. This didn't get a response so I tried to clarify if this is a general permission denied and offered to add it to GLAD as permission denied. No response.

Given the uncertainty over what may or may not be permitted, I decided not to add it to GLAD at all unless we receive clarification.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Thanks for the update. It's disappointing that the Woodland Conservation Officer seems to be ignoring enquiries; perhaps it's worth contacting his superior?