Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GAGB: Election for Chairman

paul.blitz Guest

Nominations are requested for the post of GAGB Chairman.

If you wish to stand, please either post a message in this thread, send an email to "committee@gagb.org.uk" or contact any of the committee.

If you think that you'd like to suggest that someone else should stand, please also post a message, and they can either respond, or someone on the committee will contact them to see if they are interested in standing.

Nominations close at 9pm on Friday 5th November (remember, remember, the 5th of November&#33

The election will be held from 9pm on Friday 12th Nov to 9pm on Friday 19th Nov. Details of voting etc will be posted nearer the time.

Paul Blitz
    GAGB Chairman
    on behalf of GAGB Committee

paul.blitz Guest

I suppose I should start the ball rolling here by saying that, whilst I will be willing to stand as chairman for a further year, if ANYONE feels they would like to take on the reins, then I am very happy to stand aside to let that happen.

The role of chairman, as far as the GAGB constitution goes, is very undefined (apart from chairing any meetings&#33... so it is very much up to the post-holder what they wish to do.

For various reasons, I've not actually DONE a huge amount this last year (other than sorting out the constitution etc), although, within the committee, I hope I have helped to "steer" a few things along.

Paul Blitz

I propose Paul Blitz for the post of Chairman of GAGB.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

MCL Guest

I second that, Bill.

Nominations for the post of Chairman of GAGB closed at 9pm this evening, Friday 5th November.

Only one nomination has been received, for Paul Blitz, the existing chairman, and Paul has indicated his willingness to stand again, so on behalf of the committee I declare Paul to be Chairman of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain for the forthcoming year.

Welcome back, Paul!

---Bill, on behalf of the committee
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

paul.blitz Guest

Thank you, Bill, and thanks to everyone else for their support.

I'll try hard to continue the GAGB's good work!

Paul