Followers of my various 'extreme' events (both remote corners of the UK/Britain and vertical ones) may be interested in my plans for 2012.

For the sixth in this unusual set of events I'm returning to the wild west of England for the first time since 2008. When I was there last, it was to visit the UK's most southerly populated island, St Agnes, and its most southerly point; the excellently named Wingletang Down and Horse Head. Other events from this series have included St Kilda in 2007, Unst in the Shetlands in 2009, a tidal island off the south coast of Jersey in 2010 and Eigg in the Small Isles last year.

This time I'm in the Isles of Scilly to visit Bryher, the most westerly populated place in England (now the Bishop Rock lighthouse isn't staffed), and specifically Gweal Hill on its west coast - as this sticks out

I'll add a link to the event when it's listed. A few days later, The Blorenges have A Scilly event on June 23rd, in the larger (main) island of St Mary's. BOGOF!

Beyond that, I've almost run out of N/S/E/W geographical extremes to visit - except for mainland Britain's (and mainland UK's) most southerly spot; Lizard Point, at the end of The Lizard Peninsular in Cornwall, so I'm putting something together there too - another interesting location - which should be on Sunday June 17th. More details will follow, along with a Countdown to the Geolympix event (the final one) somewhere in the west country, perhaps Exeter.