Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Ash Die Back Fungus, Free IOS/Android reporting tool

Exclamation Ash Die Back Fungus, Free IOS/Android reporting tool

Ash Die Back Fungus, is now a Major Issue recognised by the UK Government, The Forestry Commission and Woodland Trust. The UK Geocaching Community, can help spot incidents, by a "Free" ios & Android App. Which can help identify and send a photograph and location to report the infected tree(s). Please help the environment, we rely on for our hobby, by installing http://ashtag.org/, using it when out caching, and spreading the news about the app to your friends, using all social mediums.

Deci
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

The Forestry Commission have also published on the subject of Chalara dieback of Ash which includes some simple biosecurity measure that we can all take to prevent our hobby spreading this disease.

The part of the website we need is here

As I am a newbie the forum stopped me posting that without the spaces but I think this very important so I hope the Committee won't mind me bending the rules slightly.

Paul aka Poole_Man
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 2nd November 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added link to website