Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: NW Mega Camping

Default NW Mega Camping

She who must be obeyed was trolling through the NW Mega Site for news of the Camping event and discovered on the discussion forum that the YMCA have pulled out. They assure us that there is a plan "B" but to be sure of a spot with a hook up (as I need a pump to breathe at night) we have booked into the the Caravan Club site at Grangeover Sands (Meathop Fell) It is probably going to be more expensive (£25 per night) But at least we are booked in now and are assured a pitch and it's within easy striking distance of the Racecourse
    Si vis pacem para bellum

I appreciate the position you were in, we've been very aware of the needs of those who require hookup for medical needs.

As it happens, we've visited the site of "plan B" today, and firmed up details, and should be in a position to announce the event within a few days.

Even if you are camping/hotelling elsewhere, you'll be welcome to visit on the Friday for the "open to all" entertainment we have planned.
    One of the loonies who ran the UK's First Mega Event :wacko:
    http://www.yorkshiregeocaching.co.uk

Are the committee no longer attending events in order to fundraise? I only ask because I have twice sent invitations to the committee and not had a reply. I also emailed the chairman asking the same question and again didn't receive a reply.

Thanks for prompt reply. As with all Caravan Club sites we can cancel without problems and we, obviously, wish to be involved on "on site" events - So Let us know when pitches are available and we will be the first to book ! We were working on the better safe than sorry premise and as the dates get nearer all the local sites with no doubt get booked up

Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaru View Post
    Are the committee no longer attending events in order to fundraise? I only ask because I have twice sent invitations to the committee and not had a reply. I also emailed the chairman asking the same question and again didn't receive a reply.
    I apologise for the lack of a response so far. This has only just been brought to my attention as I am currently on holiday, hence the lack of a reply from me. Someone from the committee will be in touch with you shortly concerning fundraising at events - we are definitely still doing it and are appreciative of all event organisers who put themselves out for us.

Mike (Chairman)