Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Oregon 550t

Default Oregon 550t

Any Oregon 550t owners out there. Just heard of someone else having the same problem we had. The unit crashing when it was switched on. This happened to both units at around 18 months old so out of warranty. If any of you, or anyone you know has had the same problem please could you contact me. Thanks.

2. Default

I had a lot of problems with mine a few months ago but after a little investigation I discovered that I'd disturbed the SD card when I changed the batteries so I suggest you reseat the SD card before you go any further - the locking system is absolute pants !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Quote Originally Posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I had a lot of problems with mine a few months ago but after a little investigation I discovered that I'd disturbed the SD card when I changed the batteries so I suggest you reseat the SD card before you go any further - the locking system is absolute pants !

I concur with that, it is very likely to be the problem.

Rgds, Andy

I am getting numerous reports of the same and other problems with some Oregon models from people on Facebook and other forums. It would seem like there are definately some issues and we will be contacting Garmin shortly with a list of these to see what they have to say.