Thanks Thanks:  18

View Poll Results: Landowner agreements

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • GAGB continues to hold landowner agreements

35 89.74%
  • The GAGB stops listing and negotiating them and assists people in making any further agreements

4 10.26%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Landowner database

nobbynobbs Guest

Default Landowner database

Should the GAGB continue to hold the landowner database and continue to negotiate new agreements?

Or should they be hosted on the relevant listing site that they apply to, in effect, groundspeak. Meaning that further negotiations will be under the name of those people who use that listing site.

surely the aggreements are there for use by cachers who use all listings sites

I am sure landowners really want to deal with several organisations instead of just one

I might be being a bit daft, but what benefit would there be to Groundspeak hosting the landowner agreements?

The GAGB should continue to negotiate as they have done a stirling job so far.

Exclamation

Groundspeak do not host local landowner agreements.

If the GAGB were to do away with the GLAD alternative arrangements would need to be made by responsible local cachers.

nobbynobbs Guest

Just because groundspeak haven't doesnt mean they couldnt. It doesnt break any fundamental laws of physics.

But u miss the point, the two subjects which always create the angst are the rules and the guidelines because u speak for all cachers but have never asked anyone If they want u to.

You now have a democratic chance to win that argument . There are 500 members on Facebook you should win both these polls with ease and stop all those complaints. You will have a democratic right to do the rules and guidelines....

One question I must ask, as there has been no fundamental changes to the GLAD over the past few of years, why did you not do anything about this when you were Chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbynobbs View Post
    There are 500 members on Facebook you should win both these polls with ease and stop all those complaints. You will have a democratic right to do the rules and guidelines....
    By excluding every cacher in the UK that doesn't have a facebook account or isn't a member of the GAGB?

500 out of how many thousand?

Alan White Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trampyjoe View Post
    By excluding every cacher in the UK that doesn't have a facebook account or isn't a member of the GAGB?
    I couldn't have put it better myself .

Quote Originally Posted by trampyjoe View Post
    500 out of how many thousand?
    From a recent discussion and analysis, there are about 8000 active cachers in GB.

And the majoirty don't bother going on either the Groundspeak forums or GAGB, so what exactly are you trying to achieve. It appears that you have a vendetta against the GAGB in general. You insist that you don't want to become a member yet continue to write about them with some venom. Is this really something that you are going on about for the good of the community or just some personal bee in your bonnet.

nobbynobbs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaru View Post
    And the majoirty don't bother going on either the Groundspeak forums or GAGB, so what exactly are you trying to achieve. It appears that you have a vendetta against the GAGB in general. You insist that you don't want to become a member yet continue to write about them with some venom. Is this really something that you are going on about for the good of the community or just some personal bee in your bonnet.
    Who are u asking? I am and have been a member for years.

The lack of me doing something as chairman precludese from doing something ever Richard?

And democratic ? Well the gagb has never asked whether thecachers of this country wish them to do these two fundamental things. there hasbeen the constant complaint over the years regarding this and what mandate they hold.
    Most of the cachers are too apathetical to get involved regardless of their Facebook gagb or groundspeak involvement .
    So because not everyone can be bothered to get involved no one should have the option?

The name calling has always said elitist and no mandate. There are now two polls I hope that people engage and vote . I suspect that there wont be much official embracing log the I'dea by the committee , I also suspect that those that are most vocal against will shy away because they won't be able to rally support.
    Maybe a vote, however flawed , is better than no poll.

Sorry I should have made myself clear, the question was directed at Alan White.

Shouldn't Groundspeak be asked if they are PREPARED to host an agreement database first?

Alan White Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaru View Post
    Sorry I should have made myself clear, the question was directed at Alan White.
    That's the benefit of quoting in a forum: people can see which point is being addressed.

The issues with GAGB have been documented time and time again over the years on this forum and elsewhere, by me and others; most recently on here just a couple of days ago. I don't see the point of continually repeating it.

You asked what I'm trying to achieve. In essence, an acknowledgment and public statement from GAGB that:
    - GAGB does not represent or speak for GB cachers, only its members
    - GAGB rules and agreements do not apply to all cachers, only to its members.