Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: What about a Norwegian event?

Smile What about a Norwegian event?

We are some cachers aspiering to arrange the largest geocaching event in Norway until now, this summer.

The Viking Event will take place in historical surroundings on the west coast.

The event will be fun for both grown ups and children. The area has lots and lots of caches, and you can easily get here:
    Ryanair has direct flights to Haugesund Airport, 20 minutes away from the event.
    From other cities in England and Scotland, you can fly to Stavanger or Bergen. (2 and 3 hours drive from Karmoy/Haugesund)

Please visit our website. Since I am new in this forum, I can't post links, and that's fair enough. I'm sure you're able to find us anyway

GC2W6F9

We are in fact planning for a MEGA event, we are just short of the 500 guests (yet) :lol:

Welcome!

A bit far for me, but I wish you well with you event.

Here's a link http://coord.info/GC2W6F9

Just noticed it's the 21st July, so the same weekend as a couple of large English events.

Simply Paul Guest

That's the problem with summer weekends, there are a lot of clashes!

Have a great meet though; I visited Bergen in 2003 and 2004 and had a wonderful time; it's a lovely city. Good luck with your event! Now, where's a viking-helmeted smilie when I need one?

Thanks a lot for the link, Martybartfast!

It's great that you have lots of events at home, but I will still try to tempt the British cachers that would like a trip abroad.

I myself has been to events in both England and Scotland, and loved it! I will be back, but maybe not this very busy summer.

Default Stay high standard for little money

Yippiii!

We've got a great hotel deal for our event guests! (Yes, we know you think Norway is expensive)

See http://www.vikingevent.com/eng_overnatting.html
    The hotel offers a very good rental car deal, and they have a few bikes for their guests.
    The hotel is well equipped with indoors swimming pool, solarium and sauna.
    Free Wi-Fi

Default sleep well :-)

Hello again, caching friends!

The event committee has been working hard all winter long, to make a mega great event. Bits and pieces are coming together, and today we will share a very good hotel deal with you all.

See our pages linked over.

In addition to a very, very good price, the hotel also offers a very good rental car deal, and they have a few bikes for their guests.
    The hotel is well equipped with indoors swimming pool, solarium and sauna.
    Free Wi-Fi

Default Not convinced yet?

It’s only 1 week until the registering opens!

Today you can see our T-shirt with event logo. It can be ordered when you register for the event.

(You know, we really, really want you to attend )

Default The registering is now open

The registering for the Viking event is now open. To participate at the event, you have to register at www.vikingevent.com/ in addition to the “Will attend”-log at geocaching.com

Default A Viking Woman

The first travel bug (http://coord.info/TB4JAZJ) is now present in the event. The Wandering Viking Woman will be logable only at the event. She will be at the site, and will answer questions about the Viking Age. You may also have your picture taken with her.

We also want to remind you about the registering. The earlier we know the number of attendees, the better we can plan the event.

Default Things are happening fast and happily these days!

The coin has arrived, and you can see it on our website. It’s quite beautiful, and to be sure to get one, you should place your order before June 10th. You can only order the coin when you register for the event.

Several side events are now published, there will be great events and geocaching all week long.

Just for us:
    Free guided tour at the archeological field around the church. The archeologists are searching for, and pretty hopeful to find the kings manor as it was around year 900AC . Starting point: the roof at the history center.

I have moved this thread from the events forum into the 'Euro and Overseas events forum' so that it doesn't get lost in all the general event chit chat.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)