Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Help with Ipaq and GPXSonar

I have a Ipaq 3870. I have downloaded gpxsonar on to it. How do I convert the cache pages to load onto the ipaq? I have the USB cable.

Get a pocket query from GC.com with caches in a GPX file format (file format selection is at the bottom of the page).

Drop these into a directory on the iPaq (I put them in the same directory as GPXSonar).

Open GPXSonar, "File" > "Load GPX file" >

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Teasel Guest

Looking at your profile, you don't appear to be a premium member of Geocaching.com. I'd recommend you consider becoming one, as it makes jobs like this that much easier.

However, non-premium-members can still create GPX files, using a tool called GeoToad which constructs them by slowly downloading the web pages from GC.com.

I endorse Teasel's commendation of Premium membership of Geocaching.com not just for the ease of use of pocket queries in providing regular updates of .gpx files but also to support the site.
    If you use MS Activesync you can download the .gpx files into an iPaq folder on the PC and synchronise it with the iPaq to save having to drag and drop.
    Enjoy your caching!

Thanks for your replies. Yes I suppose I should become a premium member.

roberts-tribe Guest

Don't forget to define your base location to GPXSonar.

You can also use Clayjar Watcher to preview your GPX file on a PC and manipulate it. I get a 500 cache gpx on a weekly basis and on a 3870 it will take up to 40 seconds to load with gpxsonar! By chopping it about and using multiple files ( via Watcher ), you can reduce the load time significantly.

The Hokesters Guest

Originally posted by roberts-tribe@Nov 14 2004, 10:30 PM
    ...it will take up to 40 seconds to load with gpxsonar!
    40 Seconds???? You was luckyyyyy!

Lol - sorry couldn't resist.