Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Caching alone?

Default Caching alone?

I am sure that there must be a number of cachers that go it alone. Most of the time this is not a problem as there is minimal risk involved in a walk round a park or doing cache and dashes. Mobile phones are a great help if you get stuck but only if you can get a signal or are conscious!

Is there a system or should we consider creating one that would allow solo cachers to record were they are going and when then they expect to back? If they don’t get back and check in on time then perhaps a phone call to check could be made before raising the alarm. This system might be useful to others too. Lone sailors, hikers, campers … I would be prepared to pay for such a system that could be largely automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-da View Post
    I am sure that there must be a number of cachers that go it alone. Most of the time this is not a problem as there is minimal risk involved in a walk round a park or doing cache and dashes. Mobile phones are a great help if you get stuck but only if you can get a signal or are conscious!

Is there a system or should we consider creating one that would allow solo cachers to record were they are going and when then they expect to back? If they don’t get back and check in on time then perhaps a phone call to check could be made before raising the alarm. This system might be useful to others too. Lone sailors, hikers, campers … I would be prepared to pay for such a system that could be largely automatic.
    Hi Tre-da,

I don't think anything like that currently exists but If you do it the OC UK (http://opencaching.org.uk) Team will probaly be happy to help you develop it.

(I speak only as a single member of the OC UK admin team)
    However if i was going do something like this I'd ask Amberel for advice

Thanks
    Dominic (Geocaching Womble)