Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Are you ok?

Bradford or where ever ive parked the geotruck

Default Are you ok?

My favourite caching moment
    I'd unsuccessfully looked for a cache in a local park a few times. on this day I was walking too and fro trying to see something anything magnetic on a stone statue.

Totally lost in my own little world I was brought back to reality by a teenage girl asking "if I was ok"
    "err yes im fine thank you"
    "are you sure you don't need a doctor, ambulance or anyone"
    I thanked her for caring for a total stranger and said "suddenly the world seemed a nicer place".

I got out of there ASAP and returned the next day and found the little blighter.

LOL but nice to know someone noticed as you could have needed help (beside finding the cache LOL)

I've had several funny looks before, but nobody has ever come up to me to ask if I was ok. It warms my heart to see that there are still people who care about others in this world.
    There are 10 types of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I get asked if I’m ok reasonably often, but I am using a wheelchair.
    I recall one occasion, early in my caching career, I was in Salzburg, looking for what I expected to be a fake but or bolt on a metal bridge comprising of hundreds of nuts and bolts. On my first attempt several people asked if I was ok, but in German and broken English. One person even offered me food for GeoDog! Worried that I was attracting too much attention; girl using wheelchair with dog, stopped in the middle of one of the main river bridges in town!
    I went back the following day and pretty soon after I arrived the Austrian equivalent of the Samaritans arrived. I explained but they didn’t look convinced and wanted me to go with them! I beat a hasty retreat and never did find that cache!

Back in 2013 I was caching in Oxford with my old geodog, Jazz. I got a few buns from a baker and couldn't find a bench with any room on so sat on some steps for us to have a rest and eat buns. A lady came up to me and asked if I needed any help, she had mistaken Jazz for a Guide Dog - he was partially blind and was wearing his orange bandana with "Caution Blind Dog" on it, she thought it was me that had no sight and that I had fallen.
    GAGB Member since 2009
    UK Mega West Mids Committee - Treasurer 2011 - 2013
    GAGB Committee - Treasurer 2016 -