Thanks Thanks:  8

Thread: Mountain Rescue at the Mega

Default Mountain Rescue at the Mega

On behalf of Kendal MSRT & Duddon & Furness MRT I'd like to thank the Association for their generous donation from the proceeds of your MEGA raffle. Your donation plus our bucket collection resulted in over £450 towards supporting our volunteer efforts. Also I'm pleased to report that despite the massive numbers of geocachers in the area over the last couple of weeks, no incidents involving geocachers requiring MR were recorded.
    thenks again
    Harry

It was a pleasure to meet you Harry and glad that the fun that people had playing the GAGB Map game generated £130 towards that figure.

I expect those buckets were heavy at the end of the day!

A very worthy cause, but I hope that I never get to meet you all out on the hills (in your official capacity).
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

With thanks to Jen and Paul for all their hard work on the day

The Geolympix were very happy to supply some GAGB map game prizes to help support this very worthy cause. Sadly I wasn't able to get away from the stand to see any displays or demos by the MR folks - or even head to the hills myself while in the area - but I'm glad the NW Mega was a big success for Kendal MSRT & Duddon & Furness MRT and even the thunderstorm over Scafell Pike on the day of the Picnic event didn't result in any smoking shoes in need of rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Paul View Post
    The Geolympix were very happy to supply some GAGB map game prizes to help support this very worthy cause.
    Yes, thanks for those Paul - you popped by just at the right time as I was updating the prize board following some donations from the NW Mega committee.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)