Thanks Thanks:  11

Thread: Requests for the Annual UK Mega Committee Account 2015

Exclamation Requests for the Annual UK Mega Committee Account 2015

Please Note that Acceptance of Requests for the Annual UK Mega Event Committee Account, for 2015,

will open at 00:00 1-10-20012

This will close at 24:00 on the 30-11-2012.

http://ukmecsh.forumup.co.uk/viewtop...mforum=ukmecsh

If more than one request is made, the Chairman of each requesting Committee, will be contacted individually, with a request to submit a Tender in the agreed format (as posted in the Forum).

If at 24:00 on the 30-11-2012 there is only one request. That committee will automatically be awarded the Account for 2015

Deceangi
    On behalf of the Annual UK Mega Event Committee Account Stake Holder Committee
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Why does that link give me an ad for Mature Dating. What's the message there?

For anyone interested in the above, access to and use of the Geolympix account is also available to other groups looking to hold a pre-approved Mega (it does cut out a lot of red tape!) in future years. I'm personally meeting a group in Germany next month to discuss their use of it for a Berlin Geolympix, which may tie it up for 2013 or 2014. As a team we're very keen to see the 'challenge' concept of the Geolympix featured elsewhere, in the UK too. If anyone would like to talk about the possibility, you're free to contact me via my profile - this is also open to anyone who puts a request in for the 'Annual UK Mega' account that fails to get the official nod, of course.

Was there any interest in the 2015 slot? If not, does that mean first-come-first-served..? Not asking for me, asking for a friend

Ah, having set up a new account for a new forum, I see East Anglia has been awarded the account for 2015. I look forward to seeing what they come up with
    Last edited by Simply Paul; 24th May 2013 at 10:18 PM.

Just found out on Facebook that there have been problems in East Of England. Now hoping to launch a rescue package please wath this space. Also Please if anyone is willing to help with organizing this event which will probably be near Peterborough please contact me soon.

Thanks
    "You keep finding them, I'll keep hiding them."

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian View Post
    Please Note that Acceptance of Requests for the Annual UK Mega Event Committee Account, for 2015,

will open at 00:00 1-10-20012

This will close at 24:00 on the 30-11-2012.

If at 24:00 on the 30-11-2012 there is only one request.
    methinks this was based on an old template....

Not sure if I will be able to make the 20012 mega...hmy:

Sorry to hear of the problems. I had heard a rumour the person who 'won' the 2015 slot was still at school and worried this might cause issues. I know the Geolympix would have been hard to insure if I'd have been 15, for example. I hope the creases get ironed out and the East of England Mega gets the all support it deserves.

Speaking of rumours, I also read the 2016 slot has already been awarded too, although I saw no promotion for it on this or any forum. I don't want to say it happened in secret, but if very few people knew about it... h34r:

I'm sure I saw Deci invite tenders. I guess the problem lies in the multiple ways of communication we have now and trying to hit them all. It is difficult.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Paul View Post
    Sorry to hear of the problems. I had heard a rumour the person who 'won' the 2015 slot was still at school and worried this might cause issues. I know the Geolympix would have been hard to insure if I'd have been 15, for example. I hope the creases get ironed out and the East of England Mega gets the all support it deserves.

Speaking of rumours, I also read the 2016 slot has already been awarded too, although I saw no promotion for it on this or any forum. I don't want to say it happened in secret, but if very few people knew about it... h34r:
    Paul It was publicly announced in several locations with Large membership numbers from around the UK. But sorry I'm not posting to the 50+ UK FB Groups, nor the Local UK Geocaching Forums, most of which are virtually defunct. Now.

The Request period was not "Hidden" in any way. And the 2016 North Wales Committee, had a agonising wait, to see if they would have to go into a Tender Process.

A fact I'm sure that will be happy to confirm to you. There was nothing underhand, at any time. Even though it is my Home Region Hosting the 2016 Event.

I also happened to advise one group who expressed interest in the account, well before the Tender Period, of the date it would be opened, and for which year. That group decided to go down a alternative path. And that was well before the Idea of North Wales Tendering for the account was made.

The North Wales Committee, also made plans to submit a Tender for 2017, if they were not successful in getting the account for 2016, again something they will happily confirm.

So again, I believe that shows how open the process was!

And I hope that puts "all" the rumours about the 2016 Tender Process to bed.

Because if it does not, I request that those making and spreading the false rumours. Make the accusations directly to my face, and not behind my back! And stand in front of others to make the accusations!

I will be at the 2015 Annual UK Mega Event Ayr, where they can come up to me, and accuse me in front of witnesses! Because they are making accusations against my personal integrity, and I don't find that acceptable, from people who have not got the guts to do so to my face!

Dave
    Deci
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

If someone could direct me (and anyone else with an interest) to where the 2016 tender was invited, that might be useful in scotching any rumours. Perhaps I missed it on this popular forum. Or the 'official' Groundspeak forum..? If so, I apologise for being forum-blind in advance. If it wasn't posted here or there, one would have to ask the question; why not? Thanks in advance.

Exclamation

Paul at the time and I still am, deal with my Spouse being seriously Ill [currently she has been in hospital for the last 22 days, she is on a Nodial Nasal Feeding Tube and a Catheter], so pardon me for not Spamming every active UK Geocaching Forum and FB Group.

Because I've got enough on my plate, without Faceless people making False Accusations against me!

I posted to the FB Groups with large numbers from throughout the whole of the UK.

Again I challenge those making or spreading the rumours, to publicly admit to doing so. and arrange to meet me face to face at the Ayr Mega, and in front of witnesses. Accuse me!

If no one making or spreading the Rumours and as you seem to know all about them, you know who they are has the Guts, to Publicly admit to such.

I'd suggest you drop the accusations!

Because I'm prepared to face my accusers face to face, in front of witnesses. Because I'm not having faceless and gutless persons making accusations against me!

SO COME ON FOLKS, STAND UP IN PUBLIC, AND NOT USING A SOCK ACCOUNT, BUT ONE KNOWN TO EVERYONE. PUBLICLY ACCUSE ME!

I have nothing to hide, and the 2016 North Wales Mega Committee, will happily stand face to face with people, and State they did not know until the Tender Period closed, whether they would be simply awarded the account or have to go into a Tender Process.

As you are a Member of the Stakeholder Forum Paul, you'll have had a chance to see the Request Period is Opened 1st October, and closes 31st October, for the Account 2 years time. This is the same every year, and is not hidden.

Dave
    Deci

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

As a friend...

Dave clam down, walk away from the keyboard.

You don't need this

Sorry to hear that, hope things improve soon...
    Last edited by eusty; 3rd February 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted post

Exclamation

The Original East of England Committee, who were awarded the Annual UK Mega Account for 2015, having collapsed for a number of reasons.

And a Event held on the 8-3-2014 to see if it would be possible to reform the committee, to hold the 2015 Annual UK Mega Event. Having decided that there is not enough interest or time available. Have withdrawn the withdrawn the East of England request for the 2015 Event.

Now leaves the Account available for any committee to submit a request to hold the 2015 Annual UK Mega Event in 2015.

Due to time constraints, given the short run in to the 2014 Annual UK Mega Event Ayrshire. Requests will be taken up to Midnight on the 31 March 2014.

If more than one Request is made, the usual Tender Process will be instigated.

If by Midnight 31 March 2014, no request has been received. The Account for 2015, will be put in to a Contingency Planning status, the aim being to retain the Legacy Mega Status, which allows publication at 12 months run in.

Contingency plans, covering a number of options are currently being discussed.

Deceangi
    On behalf of the Annual UK Mega Stake Holder Committee

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl

Exclamation

The East of England Committee, on meeting up, decided, not to proceed with the Organising of the 2015 Annual UK Mega Event.

As such, the account was put back open for requests.

Yesterday evening, just before the Close of the request period, a new request was submitted.

As they were the only committee to request the Account for 2015, the

2015 Essex Mega Committee, have been awarded the Account for 2015.

Chairman Cass Flowers

I would like to Thank the GAGB Committee, who have offered their support to the Essex Committee, as they have so many Ex Mega Committee members, on the GAGB Committee.

Deci

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl