Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Bouncers Belated Birthday Bash GC4090K

Default Bouncers Belated Birthday Bash GC4090K

This is the first event I have organised and it is to mark my first year of geo-caching and to help those who are struggling with any of the puzzles I have set especially Bouncers Birthday Brain Bash series that has had a lot of heads scratching Please see events page for more details.

There will be a raffle in aid of the rescue home I adopted Bouncer from (just do not tell ground speak) and there will be over 50 caches going live on the day.

So far 57 caches have been successfully reviewed along Marriot's Way cycle track stretching from Hellesdon to Attlebridge. A couple more need tweaking and I shall round it up to 60. I have found sites for a number of caches in and around Drayton, mainly traditional but will try to work in a multi or two. Work on the extreme multi is progressing well and I have a new idea for a multi that will involve a little research after completing the first six stages that have to be done during the day and then a small night cache to get to the final.

I have collected some swag items for the raffle along with the Travel bugs and there will also be a couple of puzzle caches that I have made.
    "You keep finding them, I'll keep hiding them."

There are now 59 caches along Marriots way from near Marl pit to the Scrapyard cache. All reviewed that will be published on the day at 11am. THE PATH IS VERY MUDDY so wellies recommended. They are in a line and it is about 7 miles from one end to the other. I have been out checking them and all the ones I have checked are in place but as some have been out for 3 months leaf cover will make FTFs a real challenge HEHE. There are currently 10 caches in Drayton going live early in the morning and reviewer permitting there will be a few more.

Dogs are allowed in the pub beer garden if on leads. The garden shuts at dusk.

I have a number of commemorative wooden discs that will be on sale and there will be a raffle which will be drawn at about 9pm. All money raised is going to the rescue home that Bouncer came from.

I hope you will all find time to pop in at some stage during the day or evening. I will be there all day except when I take the boys home at dusk but Fussy Bears will be on hand helping with all the tech-bits and generally sorting out all the things that go wrong.

PLEASE NOT
    CLOSE TO NATURE - FISH
    IS ONLY TO BE ATTEMPTED IF THE RIVER IS SAFE AND AT THE MOMENT WADERS ARE REQUIRED.

What's the GC code for the event? (or a link to the cache page).

Bouncers Belated Birthday Bash is the name of the Event and it is in Drayton which is a Village just outside Norwich in Norfolk.
    The GC number is GC4090K
    Sorry I am not technically minded so can not put up link but you should be able to find it with the above info.

If anyone wants to come to this event from away I have a sofa and floor available as long as you do not mind being fussed by 2 dogs or putting up with the mess of a cacher on a mission that does not involve housework.

Bit out of my area I'm afraid, but here's a link if anyone needs it

http://coord.info/GC4090K

This was a very successful event with nearly 40 attendees. The pub did a roaring trade in food and drinks. The raffle raised £43 for a local dog rescue centre and most of the 73 new caches were found by a good number of you. When I got home I had over 500 new emails and by the time I had read them all (about 2 1/2 hours) later I knew folks had had a good day caching. Some of the groups I met as I biked down the trail had grown. One had about 3 families (about 20 cachers of all ages) looking for a bear in a tree.

I am going to rest for a while and carry out some maintenance on my other caches but be warned I already have the stirrings of the next event in my head and thinking of a camping event in the future so some of you from across the border may be tempted to come and see what is normal for Norfolk.