Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: National Trust "pseudo caches."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default National Trust "pseudo caches."

One of my TB's recently went missing in Kinver Edge NT. As far as I can gather the NT use their own unpublished caches for some training/educational purpose.
    Last logs....

2/Oct/2012 teamwalters grabbed it
    Moved it to a cache nearby owned by Kinver Edge National Trust. Sorry
    don't know cache name as I don't think it's been logged.

28/Sep/2012 teamwalters
    discovered it Found it in Kinver Rock and Roll (GC3HYTV) cache.
    Moved it to National Trust cache nearby.

I wrote to Kinver Edge NT and received this reply today,
    according to Laura Broadhurst, NT Kinver Edge,

"Sorry I just wanted to let you know that I didn't find the travel bug, not
    all of our caches were still in place though - they quite often get stolen
    up there."

Is there any way we can stop this pilfering/looting of genuine geocaches for use in private unpublished pseudo caches?

I guess the simple answer is "No", no more than we can stop people just taking trackables (espescially coins) from caches and keeping them.

You could try putting something on your TB pages stating that it is only to be left in a cache which is registered on Geocaching.com, but also bear in mind that there are other geocaching listing sites which are just as legitimate/genuine as Geoching.com.

Thanks, we live and learn. I'll have to request my TB's only be placed in geocaching.com caches in future. :wacko:

Most of us have had TBs and coins either taken without being logged, or perhaps "muggled" but that's all part of the adventure ! Several of mine had been missing for a year, then all of a sudden started turning up - one in Germany and several others in the States !! I mostly keep the coins I buy now and just set the TBs free - We had a few given to us by Jeremy and other lackeys from GS over the summer so lots of them doing the rounds now - on the subject of "losing" them I did see a TB attached to a large piece of concrete which I suppose is one way to ensure it doesn't get lost !
    happy caching :lol:
    Si vis pacem para bellum