Thanks Thanks:  146
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GAGB committee elections 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
    I would like to nominate: The Wombles (Dave),

The Wombles - Dave has been an active part of the GAGB since it was founded and has a huge amount of experience and knowledge with regard to landowner agreements and the association in general.
    Seconded

Thanks
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
    Martybartfast - Martyn has been a GAGB member for many years and is always helpful in the forums and Facebook.

JackieC - Jackie was on the MegaScotland committee and is an active member of the Scottish caching community .... which is exactly what we need.
    Second both Martybartfast and JackieC

Quote Originally Posted by richlay View Post
    I will second Dax Wood
    I would like to accept the nomination to stand for the committee..

I can't see if anyone has seconded our retiring Chairman, Dave (The Wombles). He's far too valuable to cast adrift at this stage. So, I second him.
    Isn't it amazing what you don't see, when you don't know what you're looking for?
    The past is history; the future is a story yet to be told; write it well.

Question Members Caching area

Im sorry if this isn't the right area but I think it would be good to know which area (location/region/county) the members reside in, although I know most of you and the areas you reside but I feel that to promote GAGB in GB it would nice to know that the Great Britain is nearly covered by a committee member or part of the GAGB set up. Does this make sense ?

Just my thoughts...
    Geocaching = FUN & FRIENDS

Quote Originally Posted by staffsgeo View Post
    Im sorry if this isn't the right area but I think it would be good to know which area (location/region/county) the members reside in, although I know most of you and the areas you reside but I feel that to promote GAGB in GB it would nice to know that the Great Britain is nearly covered by a committee member or part of the GAGB set up. Does this make sense ?

Just my thoughts...
    Later in the week the CV/Manifestos, of the nominees that have accepted, will be posted and a discussion thread opened where questions can be asked/answered - so I expect this information will be included.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

I would like to nominate Palujia

Quote Originally Posted by staffsgeo View Post

Just my thoughts...
    Surely you are not suggesting that candidates be voted for simply because they live in a certain region rather than what they can do for the GAGB. hmy:

Lilian

Considering this quote

Quote Originally Posted by Palujia View Post
    Richard,
    after reading the latest batch of attacks on our poor organisation - who'se only object is to try and support all UK cachers I am getting to the point where I agree entirely with you - I see no point in trying to update the landowner agreements now as most of the cachers (if we only have 500 of the 8000 cachers) seem to think that we shouldn't look after them anyway - As I said before I shall not be standing for election this time and its only the updating of new members that stops me from resigning right now. :wacko::wacko:
    Do you think it is fair to put pressure on Paul by nominating him?

I would like to Nominate Dr.Dick&Vick Richard Mullens

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    Lilian

Considering this quote

Do you think it is fair to put pressure on Paul by nominating him?

I apologise Paul and Tony as I must have missed this somewhere along the way but thought I would nominate just in case he had changed his mind

Thanks for the nomination Lillian - but as Tony has pointed out - it was not my intention to stand again this year - I do not feel that I can be of much use in the new computerised world - and have no interest in the Social networks so I shall quietly fade away like the dinosuars ! to quote Douglas Adams :
    "So long, and thanks for all the fish"
    I will still be attending some "Megas" and Pirate Mania etc., so if any help on stands is needed - I may not be bright but I can lift heavy things
    Paul B
    (Palujia)
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by LadybugKids View Post
    Committee candidates who have accepted their nomination should send a copy of your avatar and a photo of you to me at ladybugs@geocachealaska.org. The two images will be used on the ballot to help people identify you.

Please put "GAGB Ballot" in the subject line and include your caching name and "real" name in the body of the e-mail.

Thanks for your help!

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    2012/13 GAGB Returning Officer
    Bump...so far, I have received six avatar/photo sets. Please give me a running start toward building the ballot!

I will reply to every photo set, so if you send a photo set and do not receive a reply within 24 hours, please try resending. I do have anything with "GAGB" in the subject line whitelisted, but I am checking my Junk and SPAM folders just in case.

I have received avatar/photo sets from: Sandvika, Geocaching Womble, countrymatters, keehotee, zomblou, and The Wombles.

I have received CVs/Manifestos from countrymatters and zomblou.
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 12th November 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

I've updated the first post:

Candidates are asked to prepare a CV/manifesto (and photo/avatar).

Please email your CV/manifesto to me (mapleleaf.geocaching@yahoo.co.uk) so that I can put them in the forum once the nomination period has closed. (Please DO NOT send photo/avatar to me)

Please also send your CV/manifesto to the Returning Officer (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org) along with a photo +/- avatar so that he can prepare the ballot page in advance.
    GAGB member since 2005

Thanks for the nomination and second (x2 ) for the committee. I'm happy to stand for election.

Whilst I have little time during weekdays, I do have time at weekends and I can contribute expertise and knowledge. I would be happy to support a new committee develop GAGB forwards.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    I would like to Nominate Dr.Dick&Vick Richard Mullens

Seconded

I would like to nominate: The Wombles (Dave),

Martybartfast - Martyn has been a GAGB member for many years and is always helpful in the forums and Facebook.

Thanks for the nomination (& second) but I don't think I could do the role justice, so I'm going to decline.

Bump...so far, I have received six avatar/photo sets. Please give me a running start toward building the ballot!

I will reply to every photo set, so if you send a photo set and do not receive a reply within 24 hours, please try resending. I do have anything with "GAGB" in the subject line whitelisted, but I am checking my Junk and SPAM folders just in case.

I have received avatar/photo sets from: Sandvika, Geocaching Womble, countrymatters, keehotee, zomblou, and The Wombles.

Bump.

I am afraid that as a result of the resurfacing of a problem I have with a reviewer I am currently raising the issue again with Groundspeak so I will be retracting my acceptance of my nomination to the committee.

Apologies

Matrix

keehotee Guest

Mike - I have an issue with Groundspeak too...but this has not affected my decision to stand. The GAGB should be non-partisan, and nothing to do with Groundspeak.or any other specific listing site. Please reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Mike - I have an issue with Groundspeak too...but this has not affected my decision to stand. The GAGB should be non-partisan, and nothing to do with Groundspeak.or any other specific listing site. Please reconsider.
    ROFLMAO I wish, I have seen no evidence of that whatsoever.

That is one of the reasons I am finding ot so difficult to make a decision.

Erm, it's been a long day so I may have missed it. What do you need from us manifesto/cv wise?

Apologies, I have a fried brain. Just need some brown sauce and I'm sure it will taste lovely.

Hope the brown sauce was good

<snip>

This is the timetable for committee elections:

• Close of nominations: Thurs 15/11/12

<snip>

Candidates are asked to prepare a CV/manifesto (and photo/avatar).

Please email your CV/manifesto to me (mapleleaf.geocaching@yahoo.co.uk) so that I can put them in the forum once the nomination period has closed. (Please DO NOT send photo/avatar to me)

Please also send your CV/manifesto to the Returning Officer (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org) along with a photo +/- avatar so that he can prepare the ballot page in advance.

<snip>

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Quote Originally Posted by DrDick&Vick View Post
    Surely you are not suggesting that candidates be voted for simply because they live in a certain region rather than what they can do for the GAGB. hmy:
    Absolutely not... sorry if it came across like this. I was just wondering if there was regional committee members so that if there is a local problem I can call upon them or to promote GAGB at an event if needed..

Again sorry if this came across that I would only vote for people whom live in my regional.
    Geocaching = FUN & FRIENDS

After a fair bit of consideration, the answer has to be thanks for the nominations but no thanks.

I firmly believe the best thing for the GAGB would be a complete new committee.

Kehotee suggested a while ago that new blood was the answer, he is right.

The brain has returned and now seems to be working to it's normal capacity, cheers Dave :

Please can you confirm what is meant by CV/manifesto.

This is all new to me and I don't want to send in info about my shelf stacking experience in '94 whilst working in Iceland unless it's required. I did win the customer service award for July 1994 though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo frett View Post

Please can you confirm what is meant by CV/manifesto.
    You can check out last year's CVs here. Might give you an idea of what to put.

Cass
    My Geocaching Blog: http://geocass.wordpress.com

Steve, I think if you look at the chairman thread you will see what Jen and Roderick submitted as theirs.
    Just a little background followed by what you'd like for the association, and what skills/experience you bring to help further that vision would be cool. (I think).
    Free can of irn bru for the best one

Many thanks. Cass and Tony. I was unsure how in depth to go.

Had a nose at last years and they were very helpful.

Cheers :cheers:

Time to get as organized as Jen is (bold indicates complete):

sandvika - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Bobo Frett - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Mollyjak (Lilian) - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    northking - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Countrymatters - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Zomblou - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Team Microdot - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    *geocass* - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Geocaching Womble - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    keehotee - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Walker Clan (Andy) - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    daddyanddude - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    The Wombles (Dave) - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 13th November 2012 at 03:31 PM.

I have thought long and hard about this and have decided to decline.
    I do not think that I could serve on a committee, if elected, that may have people on it who were nominated , and elected, because of the region they live in rather than what they can bring to the GAGB.
    Thanks to Tony & Lilian for the nomination/seconding. I wish the chair and the new committee good luck for the future, I hope there is less sniping from outside this year.
    Looks like there is a contender for the GLAD ' www.cacheright.co.uk'

Thanks to Maple Leaf and to Clipper247 for the nomination and seconding. It was abit of a surprise! hmy:

After lots of thought and lots of discussions with my local cachers I've decided to accept my nomination stand for the committee elections.

JackieC
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

I would like to nominate Happy Humphrey, I may not always agree with him but he does tend to see through the bull.........

I'll second Happy Humphrey. I've been tantalisingly close to seeking his Navicaches a couple of times but I don't go as far as his patch solo and the company I have kept has had other priorities!

Hello Committee Candidates:

Below is my tracking list for materials required for the upcoming Committee election (bold indicates complete):

*geocass* - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Bobo Frett - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Countrymatters - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

daddyanddude - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Geocaching Womble - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

JackieC - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

keehotee - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Mollyjak (Lilian) - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

northking - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

sandvika - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Team Microdot - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

The Wombles (Dave) - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Walker Clan (Andy) - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Zomblou - nominated, seconded and accepted, photo and avatar, CV/manifesto

Please e-mail your photo, avatar, and CV/manifesto to me at ladybugs@geocachealaska.org for inclusion on the ballot. I will confirm receipt of the materials within 24 hours. Also, please e-mail your CV/manifesto to Jen/Maple Leaf at mapleleaf.geocaching@yahoo.co.uk.

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    GAGB Returning Officer
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 16th November 2012 at 01:07 AM.

Regrettably Happy Humphrey is unable to accept due to upcoming time pressures, but otherwise relished the prospect.

I nominate Adam Redshaw (Ukcachemag)

I would like to second Adam Redshaw aka UK CACHE MAG for a committee member. Better late than never!
    Last edited by pfoagain; 15th November 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Cheers folks, I accept.

Best work on Cv etc now

Quote Originally Posted by mollyjak View Post
    I nominate Adam Redshaw (Ukcachemag)
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoagain View Post
    I would like to second Adam Redshaw aka UK CACHE MAG for a committee member. Better late than never!
    Quote Originally Posted by UKCACHEMAG View Post
    Cheers folks, I accept.

Best work on Cv etc now
    Adam - Unfortunately, as you became a GAGB member after 1st October, you are not eligible to participate in the elections this year (standing or voting).
    GAGB member since 2005

Thank you for all the nominations - this thread is now being locked.

The CV's and Manifestos of the candidates can be found here

An area for candidate Q&A can be found here
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 16th November 2012 at 01:05 AM.
    GAGB member since 2005