Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: An important message from Lactodorum and Eckington

Lactodorum Guest

I refer you to this link or this link for a detailed statement of Eckingon's and my decision to resign as UK Reviewers for Geocaching.com.

We will help in the transition and will provide advice in terms of the various agreements that we and GAGB have negotiated but will do no more reviewing.

This is a sad day for us and I would like to thank you all for your help over the past year or two.

Peter

Copy of post on both GC & G:UK:

I am sorry to hear that, both of you have worked your guts out for the UK Geocaching community, and we all owe both of you a heck of a lot of pint's. I'd like to take this chance to publicly appoligise to both of you, if anything I have posted on GC, or any cache that I own that you have approved, has caused either of you problems with GC. Time for both of you to relax and get out there and find more lunch boxes, and both of you please remove any comments you have both made in posts about " Letting the UK community down", if anything it is us that have let both of you down!

If this post, seems emotional in any way, it's because it is, I personaly feel, that I' should have done more to support both of you!

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Originally posted by Mancunian@Jan 10 2005, 05:45 PM
    Copy of post on both GC & G:UK:

I am sorry to hear that, both of you have worked your guts out for the UK Geocaching community, and we all owe both of you a heck of a lot of pint's. I'd like to take this chance to publicly appoligise to both of you, if anything I have posted on GC, or any cache that I own that you have approved, has caused either of you problems with GC. Time for both of you to relax and get out there and find more lunch boxes, and both of you please remove any comments you have both made in posts about " Letting the UK community down", if anything it is us that have let both of you down!

If this post, seems emotional in any way, it's because it is, I personaly feel, that I' should have done more to support both of you!

Dave
    ....don't be so bloomin' daft.

And start pressing for that rather special event cache idea, I reckon it should be a goer!

Dave

Peter and Dave, I'm really sorry to hear that you've decided to resign. You've both done an excellent job both as cache reviewers and as moderators, and you both had the full support of myself and I'm sure the great majority of UK cachers. I cannot see that you've let us down in any way at all.

This is a very sad day for caching in the UK.

Thank you both for all you've done.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I quote what I wrote earlier in the GC forum in a bit of a hurry:-

I've just come in so this was a real blow, even if no surprise. Having skimmed what has already been said here I think that most of what I might have said has already been put better.
    The UK caching community has been very well served since we had our own approvers/moderators and, with no offence meant to their predecessors, never better than the last two years by Dave and Peter.
    I am very grateful for all you have done for us and feel that many would have pulled out quicker after the way you have been treated - you have my total sympathy. Now go and enjoy your own caching, though for the rest of us the future of UK geocaching looks a bit uncertain.
    I would have asked you to reconsider but think that in this situation that would be unfair.
    Enjoy your caching!

Only just picked up on this thread and the ones on gc.com and G:UK and it's really got me down

Sincere thanks Peter and Dave for everything you've done for geocaching as reviewers/moderators - you will be missed.

Best wishes,
    Jon (& Jo).
    ---------------------------
    The J J Noodle Fan Club
    Profile on www.geocaching.com