Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: I have had enough

Default I have had enough

After yet another run in with a reviewer about placing caches I have had enough. I do not like conflict and I do not like being treated unfairly. I have appealed to groundspeak but expect they will side with the reviewer no matter what I say.

I was just starting to find new ways to enjoy caching too but at the moment I feel the event on 5th Jan will be the last thing I do geo-caching wise
    "You keep finding them, I'll keep hiding them."

So what's the story then?

So far

A cache was disabled because it was too close to a school only for one to be published a few weeks later at a different location but even closer to a school.

I have had to move a cache 1m yes just over 3 feet because it was too close to another

One of my caches mentions an Alms house that is a registered charity in its description as it has the smallest cloisters in England in it's grounds. But apparently thet is using geocaching to solicit or as a platform.

Despite numerous requests not to when they disable a cache for saturation reasons they tell me the gc ref. direction and distance to the other cache. Killing the pleasure out of the hunt.

I am now told that a cache I want to place is too close to another despite the fact that I have revisited this site with a fellow cacher and between us using 4 different gps devices both agree on all 3 of our visits at different times of the day with 2 hours between each visit That this cache is more than 0.1 of a mile from any other cache in the area.

I have found nearly all the caches that I can get to as I have to walk everywhere so the only pleasure left for me is making and placing homemade caches and reading the wonderful logs others write about them. and now this has been nearly completely eroded by someone who seems to have misread Guidelines for rules and seems to have some issue with me even though as far as I am aware we have never met.

There is more but writing this has triggered an episode with my mental health so have to stop now

Hi

I have read your post and visited your profile. There is clearly more to this than needs to be discussed on here, but I use a couple of websites to help me in checking the proximity of other caches, the website in general can be found at www.boulter.com. But here's a link to the proximity pagehttp://boulter.com/gps/distance. Rather than throw the towel in try to engage the reviewer via e-mail about your plans and ideas, maybe it will avoid frustrations further down the line. Hope this helps, don't stop making them - it's clear that there are people out there that appreciate them.
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

Despite my best efforts to engage with the reviewer and Groundspeak. My efforts have fallen on deaf ears:wacko:. My reviewer has now told me to contact Groundspeak and request another reviewer and he is disabling any caches I submit .

This is most annoying as I need to get a number of reviews completed in order for the caches to be live in time for 5/1/2013 and I also have an entry for Birdies Peach Jar Challenge which has taken almost a month to sort out and Build.

I was reading a post by one of the reviewers,can't remember if it was Deci or Red Duster, suggesting that appeals@groundspeak are independent enough to disagree and reverse their decisions often enough, a simple email is all it takes to find out.
    As to the proximity issue, the reviewer is surely just plugging the numbers into something (more likely groundspeak provide the "thing"), just move it

There must be more to this. It seems strange that a reviewer would say that they will disable any caches submitted.

Why don't you go on to the Facebook Reviewers tea bar https://www.facebook.com/home.php?re...ups/reviewers/ and post your comments on there. Most reviewers are members and maybe they can come up with a solution that will help you.

Thanks for that Jacaru. Unfortunately once facebook find out you have a criminal record they ban you from using their site for life. Not only do I have a record but I really do not like or enjoy facebook or any other social network site Too much rubbish and advertising. Also social network sites play havoc with my mental health. It is too in my face and I can not cope with it. I just about manage forums like this and occasionally I tweet