Thanks Thanks:  91

Thread: 2012/2013 GAGB Committee Election Results

Default 2012/2013 GAGB Committee Election Results

As Returning Officer and on behalf of the GAGB Committee, after 441 ballots were cast, the results of the 2012/13 GAGB Committee Election are:

1. *geocass* 266
    2. The Wombles (Dave) 266
    3. Mollyjak (Lilian) 264
    4. northking (Jeff) 223
    5. Countrymatters 211
    6. Bobo Frett (Steve) 171
    7. sandvika 171
    8. Walker Clan (Andy) 171
    9. JackieC 162
    10. Team Microdot (Pete) 147
    11. daddyanddude (Dax) 137
    12. Geocaching Womble 119
    13. Zomblou 112

A pdf copy of the SurveyMonkey report is attached to this post.

It's been a pleasure serving once again as GAGB Returning Officer.

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
    2012/13 GAGB Returning Officer
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 30th November 2012 at 04:50 AM.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Congratulations to the 8 of you that have made it through and will join me on the committee. Looking forward to working with you all.

Commiserations to the others - I hope that we can all still work as a team and use some of enthusiasm you have already shown.

Thank you to Mike (Ladybug Kids) for all his help in the Chair & Committee elections.
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

Congratulations to those who made the grade

Commiserations to those of us who didn't

Best of luck to all of us for the coming year :cheers:

Thanks for the prompt post Mike. Thanks to all of the people who voted too. After reading so much and listening to other players, I hope that we can get behind the Chair and work effectively to move the association forward. Exciting times!
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

Oh wow!

Many thanks for your votes.

I better have a wash then.

Congratulations and commiserations.

As was quoted to me this morning...

...'With great power comes great responsibility.'

Yup, that's a Spiderman quote.

well done to everyone elected the GAGB is in safe hands and with the enthusiasum show over the last few weeks i think there are some great things in store for the future.

Congratulations to everyone, it could be an interesting year ahead!

And thanks to Michael for stepping up to the plate again and running the voting

Many thanks for your support. I was not expecting to make the cut off.

I feel suitably chastened following my unhelpful intervention in the hustings. Hindsight being perfect it's now obvious that I was off to the races with it being my second time around in a couple of weeks and thus my perception that others were lacking enthusiasm was premature and misplaced. I'm sorry for the offence caused and forgive those who made pointed remarks clearly directed at me.

I think the onus is now on me to demonstrate that I'm a team player and I commit to helping our chair and my fellow committee members in any way I can over the coming year.

I also hope those who didn't make the cut off will retain their motivation and can help our association in other ways.

I was just wondering, considering that 6th, 7th & 8th were tied on 171 votes, what would have happened if the 9th place was also on 171? Is there anything in the constitution to decide a result in the event of a tie?

Quote Originally Posted by martybartfast View Post
    I was just wondering, considering that 6th, 7th & 8th were tied on 171 votes, what would have happened if the 9th place was also on 171? Is there anything in the constitution to decide a result in the event of a tie?
    There isn't anything in the current constitution, but it was something that Ladybug Kids and I were discussing in case it happened - luckily it didn't.

But it is one of the things that will be considered when the constitution is updated.
    GAGB member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
    There isn't anything in the current constitution, but it was something that Ladybug Kids and I were discussing in case it happened - luckily it didn't.

But it is one of the things that will be considered when the constitution is updated.
    I recomend a dance off. :

Congrats to the succesful, commiserations to the less succesful.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Thanks to everyone who voted and to those who stood for election (whether or not you were elected).

With so many ideas coming forwards over the last few weeks, I hope that these can be taken forwards and that everyone who wants to play a part can do so regardless of whether you are on the committee.

For those who aren't on the committee but feel strongly about some particular idea or activity, can I ask that you contact our Chair Mapleleaf/Jen), ideally in advance of the committee meeting next week? If we can see a range of ideas and willing hands to undertake those activities then we can start to turn ideas into real progress.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Smile New committee congratulations 😃

Congratulations to all the new committee members thank you to all the candidates for giving of their time, commitment and energy.
    It's a shame that not all the candidates that put themselves forward could not get on the committee, however, from the enthusiasm they have expressed, and displayed, I hope they will still support the committee as they have many valuable skills and gifts to offer
    Last edited by Cache on Wheels; 30th November 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Additional text I had omitted accidentally whilst cut and pasting

Thank you for all your hard work in organising this for the GAGB it has been much appreciated

Lilian

Congrats to all on the new team, hope you have a great time and a great year!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

Many congratulations to all who have been elected on to the committee and commiserations to those who didn't.
    Hope to see some of you at the various events that the GAGB attend. Best wishes for the coming year.

Daphne + Colin aka The Wobbly Club.

Congratulations to all the successful candidates. I wish you every success in moving the GAGB forward.

Congratulations to those who made it through.
    Commiserations to those that missed out.. But I'm sure you will support the others.
    Good luck to all

Default Kudos All Around

Quote Originally Posted by mollyjak View Post

Thank you for all your hard work in organising this for the GAGB it has been much appreciated

Lilian
    You are most welcome!

Special acknowledgements must also be made to the 2011/2012 Committee who supported the change to SurveyMonkey, which made it possible for votes to be automatically tabulated and to remain anonymous. *geocass* was also invaluable through her work with the membership database which made it possible to reach out to GAGB members during the election period. Incoming Chair Maple Leaf and other Committee members also engaged early in the process and helped communicate with GAGB members through other social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

Many thanks to all the candidates who provided their manifestos and avatars for the ballot and for engaging in the Q&A discussions in these forums.

Finally, many thanks are due to the several hundred GAGB members who got involved, trusted a bloke from Alaska (home of the likes of Soapy Smith), and cast their vote in this year's election.
    Last edited by LadybugKids; 1st December 2012 at 06:11 AM.
    In Alaska, the best athletes eat raw meat, sleep in the snow, and run naked.
    Ladybug Kids' gc.com profile
    Visit the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Quote Originally Posted by sandvika View Post
    I also hope those who didn't make the cut off will retain their motivation and can help our association in other ways.
    I second the above!

Given how close things were, I hope those that just missed out, and those that got in, will consider trying to 'get together' to move things on!

=1. *geocass* 266
    =1. The Wombles (Dave) 266
    3. Mollyjak (Lilian) 264
    4. northking (Jeff) 223
    5. Countrymatters 211
    =6. Bobo Frett (Steve) 171
    =6. sandvika 171
    =6. Walker Clan (Andy) 171
    9. JackieC 162
    13. Zomblou 112

Congratulations/commiserations to all.
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Quote Originally Posted by Bear and Ragged View Post
    I second the above!

Given how close things were, I hope those that just missed out, and those that got in, will consider trying to 'get together' to move things on!

=1. *geocass* 266
    =1. The Wombles (Dave) 266
    3. Mollyjak (Lilian) 264
    4. northking (Jeff) 223
    5. Countrymatters 211
    =6. Bobo Frett (Steve) 171
    =6. sandvika 171
    =6. Walker Clan (Andy) 171
    9. JackieC 162
    13. Zomblou 112

Congratulations/commiserations to all.
    What would you say was the cut off point for just missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Zomblou View Post
    What would you say was the cut off point for just missing out?
    Anyone from 9th to 13th place!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

I'm very sorry to everyone who voted for me and I would like to thank you for getting involved but I am standing down from the committee, I appreciate this is very soon after election but rather now that when I have more responsibility.
    i must stress this has nothing to do with any other members of the committee and I wish them all the best.
    This is a decission I have made which maybe I should of made before the election but that is by the by now, there area non caching reasons I don't wish to discus in public and I think i enjoy playing the game to much which isn't perhaps what is needed right now.
    I have apologised to the committee and will do so now publicly.
    I am sorry if this causes any problems and do apologise but feel it will be for the best for both parties in the long run.
    Anyone wondering who or how I will be replaced will be discussed at this week's committee meeting.
    Thanks for everyone who voted and I hope to help the GAGB in the coming years but at this present time as a member.
    Cheers
    Andy.
    Walker-Clan

Personaly I think that the candidate with the next highest amount of votes should be co-opted on to the committee, after all the membership cast their votes for all of the candidates.

Makes perfect sense

Default New Committee Member

Following on from Andy’s (Walker-Clan) standing down yesterday it has been suggested that we made a decision today regarding his replacement, so that the new team member could be included in the first committee meeting tomorrow evening.

The Constitution states:
    If a committee member resigns during his or her term of office, the committee shall have the power to fill the vacant place by co-opting an Individual Member.

I have consulted the committee and so far having received responses from 6 out of the 7 other committee members, the consensus is that we should invite JackieC, who received the next highest number of votes in the committee elections last week, to join the team.

I am therefore pleased to announce that JackieC has been invited to join the committee and that she has accepted.

Welcome to the team Jackie.
    Last edited by Maple Leaf; 5th December 2012 at 08:05 PM.
    GAGB member since 2005

Sensible decision.