Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Looking for help from any cacher near Bristol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for help from any cacher near Bristol

Good Day!

I'm a Canadian, living in Vancouver, BC on the West coast of Canada. I'm working on a puzzle which requires the assistance of a person in the UK.

The UK version of the puzzle is:

GC425C7 - Gemini UK

In a nutshell:

• you must obtain a TB, which is really a cache container with a small electronic device in it. I don't know if batteries are provided, you should bring two AA batteries
    • The device is location specific, you must be at the posted coordinates for the puzzle
    • Once at GZ, you must insert the batteries, and the device will hand shake with a nearby WiFi network, and the coordinates for the final will be displayed

NOW HERE'S THE CATCH

• When you are performing the activities above, I must be doing the same thing here in Vancouver. If the two devices aren't on-line to the networks at the same time, no joy
    • Vancouver is 8 hours behind the UK time wise. I.e. 08:00 UK time is 00:00 Vancouver time
    • This will require some coordination in picking a date & time which works for the two of us
    • If you think you can get it to work, without going to GZ, it won't, I've tried with the device which I have, and the CO assures me you need to go to GZ

If anyone is interested in working on this puzzle together, please drop me a note at the geocaching website (my geocaching handle is "Sailaboat") or reply to this post.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Sailaboat

Wow, that sounds like a brilliant idea for a cache, unfortunately it's a bit far for me so I can't help (I know 100 miles isn't much by Canadian standards but it's a long way for us Brits).

Anyway I hope you get some response (there are a few GAGB members from over that side of the country!), and good luck with it.

Martyn

Wow, that sounds awesome. I'll share it some of the facebook groups too. See if we can help you

Default Our quest is complete

Thanks to Team Gilpen in the UK both teams were able to connect and receive the coordinates for their respective finals.

It wasn't a cake walk by any means. Logistics issues, technical issues, but in the end a smiley for both teams.

I have returned the Canadian TB to the owner.

No need for a partner team in the UK any more, we're done.