Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Wanted: proofreader

Default Wanted: proofreader

Hello

I look for a volunteer proofreader. I want to post a walking report on walkhighlands, but first I need someone who read proof my draft. (6 pages, 5193 words, no pictures include in the draft). To be honest it is not a walking report, it is a walking story :lol:

Obviously I'm not a native speaker, struggling with english grammar (even in german I swap between the tenses), often I miss words (don't know similar ones/synonyms) and the style ... it is a result of these I hope that are not many typos in it, so that the meaning of a word is clear.

It is geocaching related because I did the 23 miles hike over two days to find two caches in a remote area in Scotland.

draft document can be find here

Thanks in advance for help and the english lesson

Just a suggestion, could you post it in a format which is easier to modify? Perhaps Google docs or similar so you could have a few people modify it and see what each person has changed?

Is this for Seeker?

Google docs? Newer used it before.

At the moment it is not for the Seeker (just in case someone want a story about silly walks and days while geocaching, I can tell several of it Easy when you are on your own in a foreign country as non-native speaker).

This one is for http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk I used this kind of report also for exercise in english writing.

Hi Kirsten

If you would like to e-mail me your report I will gladly proof read it for you.

My e-mail address is geo.northking@gmail.com
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.