Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: Swedish Geocaching Survey

Default Swedish Geocaching Survey

Copy of e-mail received by GAGB

Hi, my name is Ellen and I am currently studying Interaction Design at University of Skovde in Sweden.

As part of my course, me and my group are working on a project to develop an interface for a Geocaching App. We have created a short survey about user experience and geocaching and we were wondering if it is possible to post a link to this survey on any of your forums?

It would be very helpful for us to get some opinions from the users themselves.
    If you would like to have a look at the survey you can find it via this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FsY...za8qI/viewform

Kind regards,
    Ellen
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

Done

This is the reply received this morning from Ellen

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help, I am sure we will get very useful and interesting answers which will be invaluable for our project.

I can see we have received many responses already and if you would like to see how we will use this information during our concept development, I would be very happy to share our prototype with you and the GAGB geocachers, which should be ready in a few weeks.

Thank you again for your help!

Kind regards,
    Ellen Jarborg

So, we may get a sneak peak of a new Geocaching application. Thanks for getting involved so far.

Yes, I've done it too.
    Lang may yer lum reek. :cheers:

Default Survey

Thanks to all who participated, I have now received an e-mail from Ellen -

Hi,

we are about to stop collecting data, so you can take the survey down from your site. Thank you very much for sharing it with your members.

We are still analysing the answers we have received, and the information will become part of our user studies.
    At this point we haven't summarised the information in a way so that users could fit themselves into a specific group, because this survey is only a part of our user analysis since we are also doing interviews and other studies.
    The final product of this project is an interface for a geocaching app, so the user analysis and survey will be imbedded in that work, and will not be presented as a separate part.

If we do create an overview of just the different users I will definitely forward it to you.

Thanks you again for your help.

Kind regards,
    Ellen

Look forward to seeing it working (and hopefully for free)

I wish I'd have read that last post before (perhaps) wasting my time. As a general rule, if you're going to stop accepting data, you replace the data accepting form with a 'Thanks be we're cool' page... Ho hum