Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GPS for a beginner

Default GPS for a beginner

I'm currently on my 37th cache so I'm on the look out for my first proper GPS to get me started.

I'm currently using my iPhone but I'm finding that the battery takes a beating on longer days out and I'm also afraid I'm gonna drop it.

Not looking for anything too basic yet nothing too technical either.

I've been looking at a few threads on here and the Etrex 20 or the Magellan GC seem to come recommended.

Anyone got one they might want to sell?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Shakey.

Hi Shakey

Welcome aboard! I use the ETrex 20 and the iPhone. I've found that HandTec offer some good deals on GPSr's and sometimes have re-conditioned ones to sell (with a guarantee). And don't forget that now that you are a GAGB member you can get discount at other suppliers too.
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

Don't know if anyone will have one to sell but there are some good deals on Amazon at the moment from what I have been told. If you want a secondhand reconditioned unit, have a look at N. E. Geocaching Supplies, they now have a range of recon units available. Here's a link http://www.negeocachingsupplies.co.u...its/4571495752

+1 on Handtec, got my GPS from there....cheap with good service

If you're not in a rush for a GPS Garmin will be bringing out a new version of the Oregon 400/450 500/550 600/650 models at the end of March, and while they may be much more than you want to spend it does mean that retailers may well slash the price of the current Oregon models in order to shift them, so if you hang on there could be some real bargains to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyMic View Post
    I'm currently on my 37th cache so I'm on the look out for my first proper GPS to get me started.

I'm currently using my iPhone but I'm finding that the battery takes a beating on longer days out and I'm also afraid I'm gonna drop it.

I've been looking at a few threads on here and the Etrex 20 or the Magellan GC seem to come recommended.

Thanks

Shakey.
    I've just seen a post on the GC forums that the Etrex 30 is £129.99 on Groupon. See http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/natio...TWITTER_USRCLK.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyMic View Post

Thanks

Shakey.
    E Trex 10 for sale Shakey, excellent condition. See For Sale Ads