Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi

Hi all,
    I am very new to caching having just been introduced to this secretive world by a work colleague. I found my first cache two weeks ago and then immediately ordered my first GPS from the internet with all intention of using it straight away but unfortunately I got meningitis the day the GPS arrived (but on the mend now ) so have been unable to get out and use it .
    I am male, 40 and from the Buckingham area and will be caching with my two kids (10+6) as soon as I can get out and about.

You'll soon discover that we're not that secretive, plenty of meets around the country where you can combine the pleasures of chatting about caching and beer, either have a look at the calendar here or search for event caches to find one near you
    What GPS did you treat yourself to?

I got a Etrex 10. I know it is probably the most basic GPS but all the reviews were good.

Hello and welcome. You will find a few Facebook pages as well which may be of use to you joining. Although this main site is the best source of information, the local Facebook groups are more active on a daily basis. I am sure that there will be one for your area.

In fact, just looking for you, there is an actual forum as opposed to a Facebook page. The link is here http://www.secaching.co.uk/forum/index.php

Thanks Jacaru, but that forum is no longer accepting new members. However it does have a link to a facebook group hidden in there so I have requested to join.