Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: North East Area Representitive

Default North East Area Representitive

I was wondering if there is a North East area representative, and I mean north of the river Tyne to the Scottish borders, if so who are they.

I wasn't under the impression the gagb had regional representatives. I do think some have specific tasks so maybe if you explained what you wanted?

Hi

As frosty68 said, we don't have regional representatives - even though the current committee are spread out across the country.

Let us know why you ask - either on here, private message one of us, or email all of us via the committee email address (gagbcommittee@gagb.org.uk)
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

Default Re North East Representitive

I joined the GAGB last year and apart from a post I replied to last month I haven't bothered with the forums or the site very much. My geocaching tends to be a solitary affair, I want to get a bit more involved this year so I was wanting to make contact with a regional representative (if there was one) to find out what was going on in the area and also to get a bit more involved with any groups that might be out there.

There's a fairly active Facebook group, but the best way to meet other cachers is to look for events nearby and pop along. They seem a friendly bunch. I think there are some gagb events planned 1st well of June, but might be completely wrong

Thumbs up Re North East Representitive

Thanks Frosty68 I have resisted joining facebook for a long time but I am coming to realise more and more that I am going to have to move with the times a bit more and join.

The GAGB - UK & Ireland caching news facebook group is here.

There are four FB groups in the North East on the regional list which is in the 'Files' tab along the top. (just copy/paste the names into the facebook search box)
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

There's also a [ur=http://www.negeocaching.co.uk/index.cgi]forum[/url]

If you fancy meeting some of the locals then why not come along to the event tomorrow at the Bridge Hotel in Newcastle - http://coord.info/GC491YY. There are usually attendees from Newcastle, Durham, Northumberland

Duncan (Newcastle)

Quote Originally Posted by Amblingalong View Post
    I was wondering if there is a North East area representative, and I mean north of the river Tyne to the Scottish borders, if so who are they.
    as the new member of the committee and happen to be in the north east if i can help you in any way please feel free to contact me..

Quote Originally Posted by daddyanddude View Post
    as the new member of the committee and happen to be in the north east if i can help you in any way please feel free to contact me..
    Hi Dax

Going to contact you shortly. Myself and a few other local cachers are working with local representatives involved in the Lindisfarne Gospels returnign to the North East this year.

I am wondering if the GAGB can help promote what we are doing or, if indeed, it would form the basis of a good article for the Seeker publication.

Cheers

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by jesmond lynam View Post
    Hi Dax

Going to contact you shortly. Myself and a few other local cachers are working with local representatives involved in the Lindisfarne Gospels returnign to the North East this year.

I am wondering if the GAGB can help promote what we are doing or, if indeed, it would form the basis of a good article for the Seeker publication.

Cheers

Phil
    give me a shout when you have some thoughts and ideas, i think its a great idea for promoting geocaching in the north east and im sure we can come up with a plan of attack

Ready to chat about this now. Will drop you a PM Dax.