• Bill&Ben as well as Jack&Jill as they found the note

0 0%
  • Bill&Ben because they found and reported situation

0 0%
  • None as none of them found the actual cache container

16 94.12%

Thread: Should this count as a find or not

Default Should this count as a find or not

Okay. This one has stumped me as to what these cachers should do and I welcome coments. This is a real situation but names have been changed to protect the guilty.

I Have a series of 80 something caches and as you may expect some of them go missing occationally. I do not mind as it gives me a good reason to go out every couple of weeks to replace or repair them but when I got these logs I did not know what to advise. What do you think?

Posted as a find by Jack&Jill on 11/05/2013
    hmm, was very confused when I arrived at GZ. Like Bill&Ben had said, I found the note saying someone had taken the bird. Very strange. Does it count as a find? Techically I found the right spot... Stickbouncer,please feel free to delete my log if you feel this is not justified

posted as a note on 11/05/2013 by Bill&Ben
    Someone's had your bird, Bouncer. We found a note in a plastic bag dated 08/05/13 saying that they had taken the bird and what should they do now! I wrote on there to please return it. So your duck is defo missing.

Posted as a DNF by Budgie Basha
    We spent a good 20+ minutes here nosing around plenty of roses but no bird to be seen. Two swans did arrive at the rivers edge to see what we were doing though! TFTC!
    Last edited by StickBouncer; 11th May 2013 at 08:23 PM.
    "You keep finding them, I'll keep hiding them."

Seems there are differing schools of thought here, on the one hand, if the cache were there they'd probably have found it....but on the other they didn't, so didn't sign the log (about the only true "rule" of the game)
    I'd not log a find myself, but I wouldn't delete someone else's log, so long as you agree that the cache really is missing.

Do what you feel

I would let them stand, I put out caches wantng them to be found but depends if this has annoyed you or not